L210 ef-el wiring and vacuum help

i’ve been plucking away on my l210 4wd with efel and unfortunately i didnt have the foresight to mark or take pictures of my vacuum lines and i have a couple of plugs that i’m missing a home for. I have a couple of books that have been somewhat helpful in getting some direction but the vac and wiring diagrams that ive found (both in those books and online) dont have the 4wd model. I’m hoping someone has either the experience or maybe access to a diagram that they can share with me, or maybe you have an l210 and can take a peek at your setup.

first plug im confused about is this green guy, comes off the harness heading toward the distrubutor. there is another green plug on that harness that reaches and plugs into the dizzy so its not that. hanging loose is hovers above the starter

second is this spade connector, chillin under the dizzy. maybe its just a ground and i can find somewhere to stab it but i dunno

on the vacuum side of things, there is this banana(???) shaped metal cylinder that is attached to a bracket on the transfer case and it has spots for vacuum lines on the top and bottom of it. in the diagram below it is item 75, you can see the vac line coming out of the top but not the bottom from that angle. my best guess is the bottom goes to the vent that comes off the middle of the transfer case (part 87 in the diagram) but there is a chance it goes to the diaphragm for the 4wd switch. but if its for 87 then i dont know where the top end would go? unless its just meant to vent to atmosphere at the top if its for part 87

here is a photo from above where you can sort of see it as well and you can also see my fourth conundrum. there is a broken vent on the transmission just up and to the right of the clutch arm in the photo, i forget if it had a line that went somewhere or if it was just a vent?

any knowledge i could borrow would be incredibly helpful, thank you

green one is a plug that goes to back of block. You will need it plugged in to start the car. It is a coolant temp sensor that is used in cold starts. the other on is an earth and is bolted to the manifold.
That other square one is either one of 3 things, goes to the head or plugs into one of you exhaust senor’s, the 02 sensor it the top one and the bottom one is the exhaust temp sensor.
Not sure about vaccums

[quote=“evilhighway, post:2, topic:6217”]…That other square one is either one of 3 things, goes to the head or plugs into one of you exhaust senor’s, the 02 sensor it the top one and the bottom one is the exhaust temp sensor…[/quote]I was about to say, it’s supposed to connect to the temparature sensor for activating the cooling fan, given that that’s where these connectors are located on ED engines, until I noticed that the connector has a locking mechanism for connecting into a female connector.
On mine, there are also connectors just hanging there of which are meant to connect to certain optional devices, depending on export destinations or available bits such as fog lighting

actually it could be that too I forgot about some of them being like that.

thank you! i missed the green plug on the back because it was hidden by the manifold and missed the exhaust temp sensor because i hadn’t put the exhaust on yet lmao.

now i just need to solve the vacuum lines

1 Like