L251 Wiring Diagram?

Hi.
I’m chasing some info on L251 wiring diagrams, specifically the ECU and immobiliser circuits for a motor swap.
I’ve had a reasonably decent search online, so far I’ve found a bunch of bogus websites and a German workshop manual.
It also looks like no one really uses L251 as a donor for EJ-DE swap, looks like mostly Sirion and L700, info on conversion from L251 seems to be thin on the ground.

any help would be appreciated.

You might have to pioneer things here.

rob

sorry, haven’t been able to find anything apart from what is already here, you might just have to use google translate on the german manual. toyota dumped a hel of a lot of daihatsu related parts and manuals a few years after totally buying them :frowning:

Printed off the whole wiring diagram section of the manual, all 260 pages of it.
Now off to tranlating what’s relevant.

2 Likes

At had a bit of a look and it seems the immobiliser isn’t connected to the ecu, no interfacing.
I’ve figured out most of the wiring, going to jerry rig it up and start it on the bench

1 Like

might have to recheck that, on the M100 and L700 wiring diagrams, the immobiliser hooks up to pin 12 which also goes to the diagnosis plug

Hmm I’ll have to have another look then. When i pulled the car apart there was only one single plug with 6 wires on the engine loom that interfaces or connects with the body loom.

So far with in that plug I’ve figured out, oil light, water temp, charge light, earth, there is one labeled as electric powersteering and one I can’t quite figure out, it’s connected to the ignition coils so I’m assuming it’s power or ignition.

1 Like

Immobilizer is called wegfahrsperre in german. If you need help with translations give me a shout

Long time no update, i managed to get the motor to run on the bench, once the motors in I’ll do a bit of a guide, make sense of the diagrams, what’s relevant and what’s redundant.

1 Like

Hey Edollo, im also using the same engine as you for a swap and i agree, no information for this at all lol. did you purchase a hard copy of the diagrams or a online copy? im also trying to find ecu pinouts lol

Hey, I downloaded a German copy of the L251 manual (the one I could find) I then printed all of the wiring diagrams (alot of pages) and slowly worked my way through the diagram using google translate on my phone to translate the pages (using the photo function) I started off at the ecu pin out page and the went to the relevant pages for the different systems as needed.
Some stuff you can just work out from the ecu pin out page, some stuff like the immobiliser and engine loom I did.

It’s actually pretty easy swap with only a hand full of wires needing to be cut or spliced, alot of them can left out.

I didn’t connect any of the wires for the head lights, brake lights, blower fan etc to bump the idle up and I never had an issue.