L601 Move EJ-DE swap

So these are the m100 nuckles that im fitting to my L601, what im showing here are the holes that bolt to the strut, on the left side are two buldges that require unbuldging

Next the struts needed some modification

Had to elongate the top hole about 7mm

Bolted everything up and dropped the car down to find that the L601
Tie rods are abit short, so swapped in the m100 ones and fixed the issue

The m100 14’s look pretty big

Track width has increased about 60mm aswell

3 Likes

Use L7 LCA’a and you can keep your original tie rod ends. the driver side will stick out way too far with sirion stuff.

2 Likes

Both of the sirion LCA’s are 30mm longer than the L601’s. So the gained track is even on both sides

What gearbox are you using?

No gearbox in at the moment, will use the m100 gearbox though

1 Like

Will you put spacers on the rear to match the front track? I had a wider track on my track hack mira in the front and I ended up using spacer’s in the rear as it had understeer and was too twitchy for my liking.

Im not to sure just yet, i may do, will see how it feels after a couple od drives

1 Like

Ok, so has been abit quiet lately but managed to get afew things done last week and this weekend. Started by bolting the m100 gearbox to the motor and dropping it back in the car. Can confirm if bolts straight to the Move mounts with no modification.

However using the m100 lca’s i ran into the problem of both drive shafts being to long, so i removed 45mm from each fixing that issue, both are now in the car and fitting perfectly

I have run into the issue of the swaybar being the incorrect width and am hoping to find one out of an applause or something that will fit but i have no idea about this, anyone with infomation please let me know

As i have a cash job this week i needed to get it out of the shed so here are some photos of it stanced AF

4 Likes

[quote=“Oskar_Bryant, post:28, topic:4635”]…I have run into the issue of the swaybar being the incorrect width and am hoping to find one out of an applause or something that will fit…[/quote]The bend at the middle of that bar makes it unique to this particular vehicle. If you don’t find something that’ll function as a replacement, you could either lengthen the bar in like manner to how you shortened your driveshafts or convert the entire system to using a free-mounted bar with seperate track rods, as demonstrated below. Lengthening the bar is the reverse to the driveshaft job where you will need to weld in an intermediate tube, taking care not to overheat the bar through continuos welding. This can be done, by tacking spots around the joint, allowing the connection to cool down, before tacking on remaining spots.

1 Like

What camber angle do you have with the current setup? It looks wild!

Im running m100 lower control arms, they are 30mm wider
Have no idea on yhe exact °

1 Like

I will make these wheels fit somehow
No bolt on flares thats not how i roll

3 Likes

Afew life things happened and the move got put on the back burner, today i finally spent some more time on it.

Started by pushing it back into the shed and pulling the motor as i think i made sure everything fitted for the m100 box.

Started welding up any holes that i didnt feel were nessassary in the bay

3 Likes

So spent a whole day on the move and got pretty far but have made a lot more work for myself than i wanted to do in this little thing here are some more photos of the progress

Both sides are fully welded with the left side ground down and in rust converter already. I will have another 6 hours on it tomorrow hopefully firewall done all grinding done and in epoxy

6 Likes