L700 vs g20x discussion

The first pic of an A arm is the one I’d be starting with. It may very well bolt to the original spot or it could be a bit off, way off… The vertical stud to hold the other end goes towards the rear and the bolt or stud is usually in single shear so needs to be a beefy item.

Well maybe it’s time for a wreckers trip to see what fits up. Would be nice if there was something already made. However if you made a custom arm to suite the mounting positions shown that would more than suffice would it not?

Does the vertical height of the rear mount have any impact on the arm/geometry of the system i.e. being higher or lower than the front mount? If the arm compensated for this difference in height that would no longer be an issue I assume.

I’ve wanted to look into the A arms on the really late model Charade. Would like to hold a set near an L200 K frame. There’s a L200 at my usual wrecker but have never seen a Charade there.

Vertical height of the rear mount will affect squat and dive. It’s good be able to space it up or down a little once set where you think it needs to go.

I think the first photo is similar if not the same as a newer charade a arm, but I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on one to have a look also, but I have the same problem. I don’t think I’ve seen one even driving around let alone at the wreckers. Haha.

Fair point you make. Perhaps a machined collar or even just a washer of sorts could be used for the spacing.

2 Likes

Are we talking after >g200 series?

Not sure which part of the discussion you’re referring to here sorry?

If you’re referring to which model charade arm we are talking about, yes after g200 series. I think the new series charade is coded as l250 model number.

1 Like

First photo is similar to my mrs 96 G200 and also the later L251 charade, but every spare parts shop only has lower control arms listed for the G200’s :frowning: