L701 Daily Build

Looks much better. Any other specific reason other than being lower for installing the smart seats?

1 Like

Thats the main reason to be honest, also to preserve the original seats as they are almost in perfect condition.

1 Like

You can custom some hubcaps for the 15 inch…

Nah, im good atm, these are temporary untill some alloys are found that I like, had some exip mesh 15"s but wrong ET

3 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Got a donation from a buddy, omp strut bar for a opel calibra
The shape looked like it would fit between intake and head, so I made some ends and welded it up. Will get it sandblasted eventualy, and painted.

9 Likes

Looks cool!

1 Like

In my free time I have been slowly working on the rear boot of the parts car, as the one on the blue one is rusted at the bottom and has the wiper and sprinkler that I dislike.
So the plan is a rear wing made from metal and shaved lock, not too practical I know…
Made a cardboard wing first, then cut it from sheet metal, after that some bending grinding and fitting…
At first was thinking to close it in the bottom but there was little room and was afraid to close up the metal so if rust developes it would not be reachable and would drain rusted water all over… A simple solution was chosen, welding a 6mm round rod on the edge. After welding and grinding it is stiff enough, and in the end I could weld a simple support in the middle underneath.

It was starting to take shape and now was the time to epoxy prime and filler, I chose to put filler over epoxy and not on bare metal as it is porous and absorbs moisture so this method was tried, hope all goes well lol

Also the lock was welded and smoothed over, all the welding was done in one day, but the process of sanding filler from all this has taken me a few days spread over a month, I HATE SANDING FILLER and ofcourse I did all this in the middle of my garage so everything is coated in white dust, perfect :ok_hand::sob:
And best of all it is still not done as the lower part of the boot has been smashed before and needs to be smoothed also…

P.S. sorry for the simple english in my text :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Wing looks fantastic! Well done

1 Like

Thx :+1:

Just a small mod or hack job depends how you look at it…
Renault Laguna 1st gen front bumper lip,
Flipped upside down and cut to size, fixed with leftover cuts of lip and screws, was inspired by a member here that put golf 3 lip on his cuore (cant remember where I saw it)

10 Likes

looks really good

1 Like

I love those “hacks” great job

1 Like

That’s a great job and makes the vehicle look somewhat taller.
You’ll just have to be carefull, when parking over higher curbs

1 Like

Its just ~20mm lower than the most bottom part, the original bumper has a really curved bottom, the lip is straight so gives it a more pronounced edge, like a big jawline if that makes sense :sweat_smile:

1 Like