Low Compression Pistons H series

wondering if anyone would know where to look for LOW Compression pistons to suit a 1.6 HD?
hoping for around 8:1 compression for boosting.
Are any other makes compatable ie B16 honda or suzuki 1,6?

1 Like

For huge boost and lowest cost look at forged road motorcycle pistons. Measure yours then go through some catalogues. Low comp and high boost is a recipe for poor driveability. A good ecu that controls timing and uses wide band O2 and keep the standard compression. Or if you really need lower comp do some unshrouding of the valves in the head and run some valve reliefs in the pistons. That will bring comp down and improve flow. You can even get 0.5-1cc of volume by notching the block next to the inlet valves and staying just above ring height. Or to go on the cheap and nasty I’ve machine some pockets in pistons right in the spark plug area - all done in a little lathe (just be careful of thickness). I’ve got forged 4032 alu pistons to go into my Subaru. They have a silicon content and the best compromise for a turbo road car (2618 alu for race only, have no silicone, expand a lot (rattle on start up) and are the strongest without going to a steel piston (yes people use steel for piston). Did I answer anything there? Not sure.

2 Likes

answers alot thanks @Mr_Gormsby :smiley:

okay so i have found the pistons from a Nissan E15T motor (the 1.5 Pulsar Turbo) have the same measurements on paper as the 1.3 HC pistons but have a big dish to suit the turboed motor. is it worth the $79 with rings to try them? hhmmm

1 Like

I would like to see this in action with the pulsar pistons if it works I’m likely to change mine over too after some more learning but please tell me how it goes

@Anton_Smith, someone bought them the day before i got paid :frowning:

1 Like

I can probably source you pistons cheaply mokeman

1 Like