Lsp at willowbank for 1/4 mile

Ok if you don’t know anything about LSP.
Lsp is a daihatsu persons L700 with a k3 turbo engine. Very custom and and a very nice car. It is owned by @Motherhatsu and the L7 has the power of 200+hp
I cant remember the exact figures off hand but you get the idea. It can be a very fast daihatsu.
So If you want to see what time it gets or want to have a go at the 1/4 on the same night then I suggest you come along and spectate or compete!
Willowbank raceway 24th of july

3 Likes

14sec on the current tires. High trap speed low 30ft time. Quicker on better new semi slicks. Great to know Motherhatsu is going along. I think it would better suit roll racing. Good on her.

that would be my guess or high 13’s maybe.
I know she has done roll racing quite a few times and I think she just wants to see what she can get. :slight_smile: I think her one of her son’s will do a run also and she seems to think he will get a better time than her.
She has taken her stagea down the 1/4 before so it’s good it’s not a first time thing and she has an idea of what to do :slight_smile:

Tires will prevent 13s. In fact, if they are old and it is a cold evening it may be low 15s. Cold and making more power won’t be the issue, grip will be. Last time I was out there on a winter night was with Ken’s Datsun 1600. It did 13.2sec back to back all night on Yoko Advan 050. She has Federal 595 RS-R in 195. More road tire than semi-slick thought the latter is what they are advertised as. It does have a 1.5way lsd, but I still see it blow the tires off. Good luck to her and I hope it is quicker than my prediction.

1 Like

yeh I agree power isn’t going to be the issue it will be grip for sure. I had an idea it is street tyres but no idea of specs etc. I think alot will come down to how the take off is but that is the same with any 1/4. I know that when Greame edwards and I raced our move’s for our 20 second’s of fame. I know I had a slower car but I had a better take off both times. I did remember Tim got a 14 something years ago in his mira and a 16:35 I think was my best in the move.
I will be optimistic and say high 13’s is my top estimate.

1 Like

Yeah, Tim’s was hopeless off the line. Mind you he always had 100kg of extra stuff in the back and didn’t ever have a half-decent tire, not even old or low-level semi-slicks. Above legal limits, I don’t remember it ever being beaten in roll racing.

1 Like