M300 Sirion k3ve2 swap

Hi everyone! I have a 2006 Daihatsu Sirion 1.3 sport M300. I have just swapped in a k3ve2 engine and swapped all the previous sensors and coil packs from the original k3ve engine. The engine will crank and get fuel in but there is no spark coming through any of the coil packs. I have tested the CAS and cam sensor and both are working. Could anyone help?

1 Like

I only have a little bit of knowledge, but, did you change the ECU, immobilizer or key?

1 Like

Okay the problem has been sorted, to run the k3ve2 on the M300 ecu you need to swap all the sensors over as well as the crank timing sprocket from the original k3ve engine. Everything but the engine is still standard.

2 Likes

wow I would not have expected that would be the case with the crank timing sprocket. Did it look physically different?

Yes it was almost completely different, I’m guessing each ecu has its corresponding timing sprocket.

I guess so the k3ve2 sprocket i have here for the crank is a 62-2 style one. I currently have a yrv so If I ever have to change the engine I will definitely keep this in mind as I still have the loom also.

1 Like

I have been driving the car around lately and even with the base map of the standard k3ve I am getting a whole different experience in terms of performance with the k3ve2, better low end torque, very Rev happy and the ecu doesn’t limit the engine from revving up to 7000 rpm. I am still going to get a Unichip installed to stay on the safe side of things.

2 Likes

you should get a better performance considering k3ve2 has higher compression ratio. What does the uni chip do?