Mira L200 in south Mississippi

Hello!
I needed a car last October but the used car market was ridiculous, and then i found a '93 Daihatsu Mira. It was tiny, older (and slower) than what I’d been looking for, the speedometer was in kilometers, it’s an automatic transmission (i prefer manuals), the steering wheel was on the “wrong” side and I was unfamiliar with the car company and the car model, BUT it also had ridiculously low miles on it and the price was right, so I jumped on it.

Fortunately, it’s been a really great car! Very, very dependable and fuel effecient, and the only part i’ve had to replace thus far (aside from filters, spark plugs, tires) was a busted wheel bearing. And you should see all the smiles and attention this little car gets. Soon after buying it I realized it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and it got me hooked on JDM cars (and vans; i’ve since picked up a '96 Suzuki Every).
Unfortunately, because of federal regulations, import vehicles must be over 25years old to be registered and driven on public roads, and finding info on 90s cars that weren’t even sold in the States can sometimes be difficult. But at least I have the internet and forums like this to steer me in the right direction.
Thanks for the help!

5 Likes

Welcome. Well done, they are well made and super reliable. Glad you have joined us.

welcome to the forum, sometimes it is about Smiles per gallon :wink:

Welcome :slight_smile:

Gimme pictures!!!

Welcome mate, Hearing this like this puts a big smile on my face :slight_smile:

Here’s my little buddy. My first car was an '86 Ford Festiva, as was my second car, which is probably why i fell in love with the Mira when I first saw it; it looks like the runt sibling of one.
E5A8dAhWYAkJskr

3 Likes

Looks awesome :slight_smile: really like the styling of this type.