Mira L200 TRXX 2wd lsd gearbox

As the title says I have a TRXX lsd gearbox. It has the lsd in the jackshaft. The box is “open” as in the cases are not bolted together and the internals can be inspected. While it is in this state the drive shaft output seals should be replaced. The box is “for sale” and there are two spare 5pds in pieces for anyone that is quick to get onto this (they may be dumped soon (nb today is 30th Dec)).

It is possible that I could post this, but I can’t guarantee how soon. For anyone that can pick up on the Gold Coast $200 for the lot.

2 Likes

I will share this post to the facebook group also.

sold please Mr G, will pm you soon

1 Like

Hey mate, I have a L200 mira with 5 speed manual and am desperatly hunting for an lsd for mine, have you sold this already or any chance I can buy n pay for postage to Adelaide?!

Is this all sold @Mr_Gormsby?

Hi Fraser, It has been paid for but not collected. I really do need it gone. Purchaser says he still wants it. I didn’t want to have to post/courier. There is a lot of stuff. The low price was because I hoped it would be gone really quickly. rob

Any chance you’ve still got an LSD box laying around? I need the part number or measurements for the LSD jackshaft specific gearbox driveshaft seal.

Sorry I do not have the boxes anymore. When I tried to find/buy that seal there were none in existence and I could not find a close seal from something else. Check with Mokeman he has one of mine. Evilhwy has the other but it is installed.

1 Like

I took the measurements into the Gatton Bearing (QLD) shop and they were able to match up a seal for me I think it was a Toyota LandCruiser one ore something. Just a regular type of oil seal but it works well.

1 Like

Yeah I went into Bursons and found a part number for a seal that might work, could possibly be the Land Cruiser seal.

Gonna go home and shred my shed apart because when I bought the FD gear and LSD it had some old seals with it but I don’t know where they’ve ended up but it’s a pretty good chance it’s the seal I need.

Did anyone have to modify the block to make the LSD fit or was mine just not lined up right? Seems like I need to angle grind some stuff to make the clutch part clear everything but can’t double check fitment until I have the correct seal to seat it right.

P#:402371N 46:ID 68:OD 8:TH (OEM Seal 16:TH)

1 Like

Actually just got a message from Nik, this is the seal to find apparently.

O/S/DS- 46 x 68 x 9/15.5-NTK
received_1293599218142616

15yr ago I couldn’t find anything. Glad you seem sorted.

The EFEL and EJDE both had the required female threads on the block in the right place to bolt the LSD jackshaft support to. No material needed to be removed. You do have the matching diff centre? Both LSDs I had required a spline drive on the diff centre as they work off of the std type planetary gears.

Yes I got it as a combo of the Dog Teeth Final Drive and the External LSD and put it into an Aussie 5Spd EF-EL box. It just seems to be hitting a notch off the back of the block and touching the little bracket that connects to the bottom of the gearbox and block. I’ll have to check once I get the seal situation sorted and see what’s not sitting right. The internal part lines up from gearbox to block and I ran with a non LSD Jackshaft however the chunky clutch part just seems to hit everything.