My New Rocky...Hello From USA

Hello Daihatsu Fans,
I recently found a '92 Rocky and I’m in the process of making it roadworthy. The goal is to keep it mostly original, and enjoy cruising on weekends and light off-reading occasionally.
Currently I live in Virginia.
I am looking forward to learning more about these special little trucks, and hopefully contribute to the forum once I am able to.
Best regards,
-Pete IMG_2287|666x500

6 Likes

Welcome Pete. Looking forward to hearing and seeing how it all goes for you.

Welcome mate seems we are getting a few more people from USA. Its good to see :slight_smile:

Thank you guys.
Currently dealing with a leaky Heater Core. I’ll find out next week if the Heater Core is repairable.
As you know, there were not many sold in the USA, so spare parts have been a challenge.
Merry Christmas to all!

1 Like

IMG_2298
IMG_2288
Here are a couple of pictures of the truck.

4 Likes

Better late than never. Welcome ! Not a bad looking Rocky Pete.
Did they get it fixed? Are you getting to ride it yet?

Thanks! It does need some clearcoat/paint refinishing on the horizontal surfaces still.
On the other hand, the good news is that the heater core was repairable, and it was done on Monday. It pressure tested to 20 psi fine. It cost me $125 for the repair by Culpepper Radiators.
I dropped it off at the shop where the truck is for them to install, along with new water pump. Hoping this will be the cure for the “overheating issue” I bought it with.
Hoping to be on the road soon. I did miss the fun of 10" of snowfall last week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was hoping you got out in it! We got a dusting that didnt even stick to the pavement so mine didn’t see any action either😭
Hope they get you straight! Keep us in the loop

Nice clean looking truck mate. :+1: