Need help sirion m100

Hey guys I’ve just finished doing my clutch and putting everything back together and I just noticed what looked like a plug undone but I cannot find any electrical wire to go into it is this meant to be like this obviously it’s the O2 sensor I believe appreciate your help

There’ll be a plug somewhere. Only a two wire it appears. An upgrade to three or four wire is better. The extra wire is a preheater positive that provides power with the ignition. The four fire is the same but with a ground. I believe the ecu map only uses the O2 feedback for steady state control, as in cruising to keep mixture from varying which is typical of narrow band.

2 Likes

it will plug into the main loom trunk, follow that and you’ll find it. If not, give me an hour or two and I’ll be able to photograph the location on my M101 loom.

If I’m right, the loom trunking comes down on the right hand side of your picture and the spur is there.

1 Like

Hey thanks for that man I actually snapped the wire so the plug male, was inside the other plug female, so I was chasing a loose wire but then I kind of saw on that main wiring loom just a small little gap as though something was inside of it, a little peel back of the tape I managed to find the wire hiding under the wiring loom tape appreciate your reply all sorted for now.

2 Likes

That’s strange. I’ve only seen multiwire oxygen sensors used on these engines. The single wire system was discontinued simultaneous with the discontinuation of the ED series engines

1 Like

Not too sure my friend it’s deffs a single blue or green wire I just had to solve back together till I get a plug to solder on.