New Copen owner

Hi all,
I’ve recently bought a 2003 Copen manual with 134,000 k. The major things have been placed over the last couple of years including turbo ($2400) which is of great benefit to me :slight_smile:
My intention is to slowly turn it into a track and tarmac rally car.
Been a long time lover of the Copen and when it came time to stop racing my other car I couldn’t go passed the low centre of gravity, lightness and beauty of one of these babies.
Current changes have already been trim and carpet removal, currently doing an all fluids change, new Hankook RS4 195/50R15 tyres and parts on the way from D-SPORT as well.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, looks to be in very good shape :slight_smile:

Yes it is. it has been treated to a full cut an polish as well. From that bottom pic you cannot see the rear tyres are 13.5 years old, prompting the tyre change :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome. Definitely post your progress. I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes.

1 Like

Welcome mate. Very neat little car. Also looking forward to seeing the progress.

1 Like

welcome mate I love copens. My mrs and I are currently saving for one. So with a bit of luck we will have one before the year is out

2 Likes

welcome, the Copen looks really clean, how is it with rust? Finding one without rust is difficult here, especially the first series rust a lot (wheel arches, sills, behind the rear bumper)

There are a few small dents not large enough to worry about on it, the bonnet has a number of stone chips, the only exterior issue is the old owners business name is imprinted into the paint on the bonnet, hours of cut an polish just made it look better…

There is a small amount of surface rust in the boot, but found that the body plug was not in at all, it was close by which doesn’t help. Otherwise rust and damage free.

2 Likes