New member from Melbourne Australia - 1992 Feroza

Hello,

I’m a proud newish owner of a 1992 Feroza. (Or not so new since I’ve been working on it for a year).

It seems to have had a tough life, but it’s just gone in for roadworthy here in Melbourne and will be on the road this week. I’ve found everything has been straightforward enough, except that i would like a bit more power down the track and can’t find a suitable engine swap that fits in with the gearbox and transfer case, im sure someone has gone through that.

Please see some photos below!

7 Likes

Looks tough. Nice Dai. Welcome.

Looks awesome! Welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: Unfortunately you have the biggest motor that came out in these, there is one that has had a supercharger put on it but haven’t heard much about it for a long time.

There is always a complete engine, gearbox and transfer case swap.

Welcome to the forum. The Feroza looks great and looks like you’ve done a great job in reviving it. Well done. As many have said above a small boosted option or a hole engine and driveline swap from something else is about your options I believe.

1 Like

Thanks guys - yeah I’m thinking about a full swap or sneaking a turbo / supercharger onto it, this would probably help the power issue, but this engine is burning a LOT of oil which is unfortunate, because everything else on it is very tidy.

I sent it up through Howqua Hills here in Victoria on the weekend, and despite being incredibly rainy, it handled pretty much everything - the only place i got stuck was the same spot as a kitted out hilux :smiley:

4 Likes

very nice car

Looks great, the first feroza/rocky I looked at here had been used as a toy for kids to beat up in the woods. The owner took me through a mud hole deep enough the hood went under. I figured i was going to be swimming out but it went through putting along like a farm tractor and popped out the other end. That was when i knew i had to have one… just not that particular one :rofl::joy: