Nice to meet you all!

Hello everyone! Fairly recent Daihatsu owner here. I’m the proud owner of a well maintained 2008 Cuore/Mira/Pleo/Younameit. This little green bean has been my daily driver for almost half a year now (Bought it after my 2006 yaris with BC coilovers decided to blow itself up). Gotta say, it’s an amazing little car! Apart from the fact that I’m just a bit too tall with my 6"3 (1.90m), I love it! The 1KR-FE took some getting used to, but I can’t help but fall in love with this tiny no-nonsense car. Ofcourse, being a car enthousiast, mods had to be made, and I did the following:

• black wrapped roof and B pillars
  • Hyundai I10 alloy wheels with custom Daihatsu hubcaps
  • added a crapton of insulation in the rear, doors and front is planned
  • added suspension spacers to slightly lift and stiffen the car. Got 20mm of lift and a bit of extra stability
  • added a luxurious seat cover set with much needed side support up front
  • bought a relatively rare magnesium wheel set, currently wrapped in 175/70r14 eurosnow winter tires, giving their weight they could make for some decent track wheels (once equipped with better tires ofcourse)
  • QSP tow strap, the result of shopping and drinking, oh well…
    To top it off I did some much needed maintenance by flushing the coolant and adding top grade stuff, the dark black oil was swapped for a synthetic one paired with a solid oil filter. I hope to extend my mods more and go full OEM+, a copen shift knob is on its way as we speak.
    Things I’d like to fix:
  • sloppy shifter, the gear changes are fine but man does the shifter need some viag…ehh…stiffening
  • sport/bucket seats, not the full racecar qsp kind, but a lower universal/oem bucket seat is definitely high on my list.
  • rusty lower sills need some love, nothing structural

I hope to meet some of you in real life some day! And I look forward to turning our dais into something even cooler :slight_smile:

Processing: 20230211_124214.jpg…

6 Likes

Wow. Looks fantastic. Welcome

1 Like

Thank you so much, read lots of your older comments regarding engine swaps and other technical data!

1 Like

Welkom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyy dankje! Zag al een paar Nederlandse kentekenplaten op het forum :wink:

Welcome. I love that colour! It looks great!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s definitely easy to find in a parking lot!

Welkom! Great colour you have there. I don’t think I’ve seen it before. Looks really good especially with the black wrap.

Dankje! It’s not a colour you see every day :slight_smile: gotta say your Cuore has way more streetcred than mine.

1 Like

Welkom!
Pretty new still here myself but plenty to read!

1 Like

Gotta start somewhere! Good to see fellow dutchies enjoying Dais

1 Like