Hello everyone! Fairly recent Daihatsu owner here. I’m the proud owner of a well maintained 2008 Cuore/Mira/Pleo/Younameit. This little green bean has been my daily driver for almost half a year now (Bought it after my 2006 yaris with BC coilovers decided to blow itself up). Gotta say, it’s an amazing little car! Apart from the fact that I’m just a bit too tall with my 6"3 (1.90m), I love it! The 1KR-FE took some getting used to, but I can’t help but fall in love with this tiny no-nonsense car. Ofcourse, being a car enthousiast, mods had to be made, and I did the following:
- black wrapped roof and B pillars
- Hyundai I10 alloy wheels with custom Daihatsu hubcaps
- added a crapton of insulation in the rear, doors and front is planned
- added suspension spacers to slightly lift and stiffen the car. Got 20mm of lift and a bit of extra stability
- added a luxurious seat cover set with much needed side support up front
- bought a relatively rare magnesium wheel set, currently wrapped in 175/70r14 eurosnow winter tires, giving their weight they could make for some decent track wheels (once equipped with better tires ofcourse)
- QSP tow strap, the result of shopping and drinking, oh well…
To top it off I did some much needed maintenance by flushing the coolant and adding top grade stuff, the dark black oil was swapped for a synthetic one paired with a solid oil filter. I hope to extend my mods more and go full OEM+, a copen shift knob is on its way as we speak.
Things I’d like to fix:
- sloppy shifter, the gear changes are fine but man does the shifter need some viag…ehh…stiffening
- sport/bucket seats, not the full racecar qsp kind, but a lower universal/oem bucket seat is definitely high on my list.
- rusty lower sills need some love, nothing structural
I hope to meet some of you in real life some day! And I look forward to turning our dais into something even cooler