No Power to radio and cigarette lighter

I posted on the fb group about the fact that my radio and cigarette lighter deciding to just stop working in my l700, i have checked both fuse boxes (under the drivers side and under the bonnet) and changed the “power” fuses and its still not working lol, if anyone else has any ideas before i start checking everything behind the dash that would be great.
Cheers

1 Like

if you have a multimeter make sure there is power to both sides of the fuse then trace from there, could be a broken wire or loose plug after the fuse??

2 Likes

I would definitely check fuses again, on some cars the radio and cigarette socket share the same fuse, like mokeman said use a test light or multimeter and check both sides of the fuse for power, sometimes they can look good even though they are blown. if all the fuses are good then check for power at the radio and cigarette socket, when theres no power there then you need to check the wireing between there and the fuse box. If you have power at the radio and cigarette socket but they aren’t working then you need to check the ground wires, this is easy to do, set multimeter to the diode setting or resistance setting and attach one end to the ground wire and the other end to the car body and see if there is an open circuit.

1 Like

Cheers guys I’ll check those out

How did you go @JPSBlue?

1 Like