November 8th Qld Trackday at Lakeside Raceway

Here is the list for upcoming trackday

4 Likes

Any updates on spectators?

nothing as yet that I know of.

I just tried to call them (They are sometimes there on a sunday), However, I had to leave a voice mail. If they get back to me today I will update you with what they say.

1 Like

I was out there today. We were on the DTC track but it was okay to walk through to the canteen at the track and there were heaps at the Power Cruise on the main track and people watching. I’m also booked to compete in a Friday event about the 19th of Oct. We’ve been told spectators are okay, but they can’t come into our assigned pit.

2 Likes

Thanks Rob! I think spectators will be fine. But just want to be 100%

1 Like

Now I’m getting excited…Redcliffe Fish and Chips at Lakeside is sounding like a meaningful day out…

1 Like

I just confirmed with QLD raceways that spectators are allowed for the sprint races and will still be free to attend.

4 Likes

3 Likes

oh man i wish i could join you guys. Sounds like a very nice day out!

1 Like

It is now official!!! These arrived today waiting to be handed out to the winner’s at our QLD Track Day!

5 Likes

Currently needing 2 spots to be filled for this even private msg @b_hoves if you can participate.
and for more info

1 Like

Would love to come along even just to watch. However, Sunday is the Qld Motokhana Championships and getting the car ready for that will be a priority and my parents will be here this week down from Bundy. Busy next seven or eight days.

1 Like

thats all good mate I knew you had the motorkhana on. It was a couple of people last minute who have dropped out but looks like we have got a micra taking one spot and we have a backup ford xr6 for the other but we would prefer not to have the ford in if possible. The guy with the ford knows this and understands about the titanic hahaha as he is a former dai owner.

3 Likes

All spots are now filled again. shaping up to be a good day.

2 Likes

the final entrant list.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to hear the results and see some pictures of the day!

I would like to Say a few big thankyou’s! and some info!
Firstly To Robert Hovey for organizing these events even when he cannot be there himself. Without him these track day’s would not be possible.
My Wife Mary Gayler for taking care or who was where in race times as the day went on an doing the tally at the end and working everything out for us.
Everyone who has made contributions to the forum and Livetodai without that we would not have the trophies and medals to go with the day for that something a little extra.
Thankyou for every participant Daihatsu and non daihatsu alike and for everyone who came to support us in spectating and taking photo’s and video of this great day.
Now for the results of the people who won trophy’s and Medal are as follows:
Overall fastest Car Katrina Beagley 1:08.5712
Runner up Overall fastest Car Jake Gilbert
1:11.4668
Fastest 4cyl Forced Induction Katrina Beagley
1:08.5712
Fatsest 4cyl N/A Adam Deschamps
1:11.7642
Fastest 3cyl Forced Induction Jake Gilbert
1:11.4468
Fastest 3cyl N/A James Gayler
1:19.2633
Slowest Dai of the Day Blake Lamborne
1:39.9452

Things to note and honorable mention’s.
Fastest no dai and fastest of the day was Gilbert Moore in his suzuki swift with a 1:07.4814.
Please note the slowest award was calculated with the slowest of each competitor’s fastest laps.
Thankyou to the Nissan Micra for filling a spot last minute spot and you were a good match in with our dais.
Overall the Day was great a lot of close number’s between many competitor’s It was fantastic.
P.s Thanks Siale Kengikes for nearly making me soil myself when you spun off In front of me.

THANKYOU EVERYONE!!!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Some pics taken overlooking the start/finish line;

6 Likes