One new Tiny family member!

Only experience is test fitting my 13x6 ones that i bought, still haven’t got tyres on them and i will hopefully be making a fibreglass body kit when i do fit them :smiley:

These are globes like in the listing. They have pretty big poke.
Members car.

bitten hard by the daihatsu bug :slight_smile:

The fleet of these we serviced for a computer business back in the early 90s did feel loose a sketchy from new. Start with ensuring tires not rubbish. Sway bar bush cheap and easy to do

1 Like

Vaxx, the bang for buck is hard to beat! I’m probably not even at 2k spent in 2 months and I can’t think of something else this entertaining for that price.

G, that is mildly comforting I guess haha
I guess it’s a personality trait.

And for those wondering. Weekend went well.
PC of anything useful with the exception of rear springs as I simply ran out of time and didn’t feel confident in the jack/stand combo.
The downside is the rear hatch and middle spoiler were a disaster… I believe it was sikaflexed on and someone hand-painted the Mira badge on the back. Wasn’t worth saving. Pulled the complete, genuine rear wiper unit at least.

It’s just occurred to me I took no photos of the tear down this weekend :sweat_smile:

Yeah, there’s something about the small cars. Need to be able to drive them properly and keep your momentum up. Heaps easier with some grip. I think it help you hone better driving skills too as without a heap of power you start to understand how to keep the speed up :smiley:

Vaxx, totally agree. A momentum car for sure and definitely keeps you on your toes!
I will definitely try to do what I can however to improve the handling as the platform has potential :wink:

Question for you guys… Tachometer? Will any ebay 8k gauge work? Was thinking just a little 2 inch one will do.
Any recommendations?
Cheers!
And some photos as tribute, from the scraping and one just cause of the good one:

1 Like

make sure that the tacho is suitable for a 3 cyl motor, not many are :frowning:

Of course! Nothing is simple haha
Would a tacho for a rotary work at all?

Also any recommendations for an affordable tire to suit a 13x7 mate?
Cheers

There is a Speco one that’s suited for a 3 cyl, i used a cheap alibaba job that does oil temp & pressure, water temp, volts and tacho, link for it is in My L200 Topless build thread

I’ll have a look shortly man, cheers.
After revs right now but the rest of the levels you mentioned would be handy with the little lady gets some choo choo.
Are you on the FB page too man?

The Speco gauge is a #520-03

1 Like

yep, surely am :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips on the gauges guys! Just emailed Speco as it seems a good option but could be hard to locate on at a reseller. Nothing on Repco or Supercheap.

It would be a special order. That’s why you need the part number. Some Parts Interpreters are pretty stupid