Project L600 - Daihatsu Move Custom

On the back of the rim it has 13x4.00B50. Is this right?
20171230_140353_resized

That’s true that the Move rims weren’t designed for rear calipers, that’s why I did a quick search for L5 rims and the rims I have never appeared. I’m guessing that was the reason that the Move alloy didn’t get to the L5 for that inner rim reason.

tr-xx rims are 4.5 rather than the 4.0inch, but yeah same offset +50.

1 Like

You can see the flat profile of the spokes before they turn in.IMG20170603173814

Ah poop. Just off by that little. Sigh.

Might have to look around for some TRXX rims. I wonder if anyone has them locally in Aus.

well you will atleast get a good price for your current wheels.

oh I looked again at the pics and it’s a long shot but how much would need to come off the caliper’s if you ground it back a touch. or would it be a big breach of integrity of the caliper?from the pic it looks like 1 - 2 mm

3 Likes

Took the angle grinder and took a few mm off the rear calipers and we now have clearance!
We are back in business!

New issue encountered is when I drive forward or reverse a single click is heard from the front and I can feel it when I’m slowly taking my foot off the clutch. The sound is more obvious when I take my foot of the clutch suddenly (as if I’m going to stall the car).

Also, I wish I had a hoist - lifting up the car repeatedly is getting annoying now. Sigh.

1 Like

Do they fit on a hoist? They’d be a bit like my mini excavator, to narrow for a car trailer, falls between the ramps on a four post hoist and the legs on a two post would not swing far enough inward :wink:

1 Like

I have’t tried the hoist idea - haven’t had the opportunity to put it on one :frowning:

It was ok when it went on a car trailer - was amusing that the trailer was longer than the Move :stuck_out_tongue:
P5130020_zps61a6f237

2 Likes

Bit of advice required regards to door handles and side mirrors - should they be black or chrome?

I currently have the OEM black handles and mirrors on the Move, but I do have the chrome handles and the electric folding mirrors available.

I’m overthinking that it is going to overboard with chrome, what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Chrome i reckon

1 Like

Chrome I think will be good also

Is there anything else chrome on the car?

Yeah mate, its got a big fuck off chrome grill

So it looks like chrome is the answer…better swap the handles to chrome as well

@Paulep82 Yep, chrome grille that @FrAsErTaG mentioned, includes chrome “Move” badge. I do have a red badge somewhere.
P9210085_zps2c481996

4 Likes

Definitely chrome then.
It will look awesome with those mirrors and grille.

1 Like

Okay…this is going to be awkward…I’m back again after two years haha
Eight year project and counting…I blame work and lack of enthusiasm.

Nothing much has changed with the Move, still starts up with minimal fuss after a few litres of 98, but probs need new spark plugs as it requires a few cranks to get her started when it’s a cold start.

Just need to finish the interior, the interior electrics, the power windows and mirrors. Also to sort out the weird single click/clunk after the Move moves forwards or back from stationary. Not sure suspension or CV?

Hopefully it’s just wiring up the few things, popping the dash back, seats and all.

6 Likes

welcome back the clunk isnt an engine mount is it? btw a project is a project it doesnt matter how long or short amount of time it takes.

I was going to guess engine mount too. Get a Move on with MoveOn :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sweet, I have a look at the engine mounts.

I finally found a wiring diagram for the power windows as the L601 only came with winding windows.
The L600 halfcut had power windows, so the wiring loom already had the necessary wiring to the passenger front and drivers side. As the donor was a halfcut the rear wiring loom was cut, but after probing the spare wires with the multimeter, I found the other wires.

Next thing on the wiring list will be the power mirrors - problem during the testing phase was finding the circuits and this caused the power mirror switch to fry. Buying a replacement switch is cheap ($6), but after adding the shipping to 3rd party, the commission and then shipping to AU generally pushes the price up to $40 range.

After that, it should be putting the dash back on and interior parts.

2 Likes