Project L600 - Daihatsu Move Custom

Awesome work mate and great write up! I know that a project like this can take years. But your work is great. Also nice to see that you didnt forget us in those years :stuck_out_tongue:
Keep at it man! I want to see more!

Thing are slowly progressing along, I got another power mirror switch from a Terios for $10, but it didn’t have the button to flip the mirrors in and out. No biggie as I got myself a DPDT relay and after a bit of fiddling around, I’ve got the mirrors to open/close when the key is in/out of the barrel.

Things are getting closer - next is to finish off the the wiring for the power windows for the rear and that should be the additional electricals that the L601 didn’t have.

From there I should be able to put the dash back in and fit stuff back in, hopefully my labelling from 2012 hasn’t faded off the zip-loc bags.

4 Likes

[quote=“MoveOn”]…the L601 only came with winding windows…[/quote]The ones destined for Europe all had harnesses ready for accepting power windows. Does anybody need a wiring diagram for doing this? If so, I’ll post a copy

Could you tell me where I can get an oil cap for a 1996 Move EF-GL 659cc motor? Thanks

From what I can see from here, referring to your uploaded images, the cap appears to be identical to those of the later 901 MOVEs, sold in 1 liter displacements, here in Europe

Awesome project! Thanks for sharing your progress.

So glad I came across this post and forum because I’m sourcing out parts for my L600. Knowing I’m not in this alone is comforting :joy:

Keep up the great work.

Would anyone know part number(s) for the front brakes on an L600?

I ordered pads from rhdjapan. In their part description it stated it fits the L600 along with a host of other L models but alas they’re too big. At least the stainless steel brake lines are installed.

Give me your VIN and I’ll check with Daihatsu in Japan for your exact part number.