Sirion m100 bride seat rails

Hi all, Im new here and do track days in a sirion and the seats are just not up to it.
Someone here once mentioned recaro rails being available in Japan but I couldn’t find em.
I did find a few Japanese sites are selling bride seat rails for sirion/storia m100. There’s a few different types too it seems
Anyone have any experience with them?

Seat alone won’t be enough to have optimal control. A harness is essential. I like to keep the lap sash and bolt it in with eyelets and fit a six point harness onto the eyelets for events. It needs to be tight.

Seats. Mod a std one, pull the fabric and weld in some bolstering. Add some foam and put the original cover back over.

1 Like

I used something like this to fit the Recaro from a Proton Satria GTI to the M100 series Sirion.
JADE Recaro SR, LX, LS, Seat Rail, Right Seat Storia M100S M101S M110S M111S M112S 98/02~04/02 D010R-SR /【Buyee】 Buyee - Japanese Proxy Service | Buy from Japan!

You can ‘google’ Buyee or other Japan auction sites for the right style of Recaro / Bride etc and then the correct side etc.

To be honest, whichever rail I got was not drastically lower - compared to ‘all out’ mods to the existing seat, or welding custom rails to the floor to get any seat to sit as low as possible.

And agree with Mr G, nothing really compares to a proper race seat and harness.

However, that style of rail combined with the Satria GTI Recaro got me about a 10-15mm height reduction. Though the contribution to the lowered height was about 30% from the rail itself and 70% from the Recaro base being thinner.

I was happy with it since; a Friend had donated the seat, I could install it myself and it was improvement. Was there room for something better - sure.

I had considered modding the seat. The base is reasonably straight forward and there’s lots of foam so it can be made to sit lower The seat back looks a bit trickier.
I might have to get a seat from the wreckers and have a go. Could I trim it in Velcro I wonder……

1 Like