Starter motors cb24

Gday I have joined up to get some information regarding starter motors for the cb24 engine, a friend owns a 93 charade g202, the starter has shit it self, I have spent the last 3 hours trying to find one, no luck as here in aussie they must be like rocking horse shit, so my question is what other starter in compatible with the cb 24 engine cheers

1 Like

Welcome, a bit of backstory on the car would be good to hear - but in terms of the starter, what exactly is wrong with it?

The reason I ask is that there are plenty of companies who can refurbish/restore starter motors for not a lot of money - and make them as good as, or better than, new.

That’s what I’d be looking at in your/your friend’s position.

The bits that likely caused the starter to not work are replaceable by a knowledgeable person, fairly quickly too in my experience.

Cheers yeah all good, I’ve made a good starter out of two stuffed ones, on my own cars, no stranger to mechanics.
The starter engages but turns over too slowly for the engine to catch.
The car has 170 thou on the clock, so I am guessing it’s the original starter, the nearest auto elec is over 2 hours away, and the sheila needs the car for work, I’m running her around at the moment but here in the bottom of tasmania a car is essential, so I need to get hold of one straight away. Not next week or the week after, she has been quoted by a mechanic yhat will replace the motor at a cost of $750 + that’s in aussie dollars, which equates to heaps, so the original question stands what other starter is compatible