Thatredcuore_dude

Hello everyone! My name is Ragnar. I am from The Netherlands and i own a red L200 cuore, a Blue L500 cuore and a green L700 cuore. The L200 has been with me for well over 2 years now and has been absolutely reliable! The blue L500 is an automatic and the wife has been driving it around town for a few months now. The L700 cuore is a damaged one and the EJ-DE engine in that will be going into my L200 this summer! I hope you guys can help me a little doing this swap and i am glad that i am part of a great no nonsense community!

10 Likes

Welkom!

1 Like

Welkom! Lovely little bean!

1 Like

Wow, you’ve got a whole Cuore collection!

1 Like

welcome mate. an ejde swap into an L200 is a very common swap and you should find great info on here to help with it all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome. What a fantastic collection. May I recommend an upgraded clutch. The ejde may just fry the efel clutch as the diaphragm will not have enough clamping force to cope with the increased torque. Yes you might be able to use the flywheel and clutch assembly from the ejde. However, it will be much heavy. An efel flywheel is easy to machine a heap of weight off of. Those I’ve done on my lathe and sent in to be dynamically balanced required no correction. The benefits are improved throttle response and better engine braking.

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Thanks for the technical insight @Mr_Gormsby . My little red nugget is fitted with a ED-10 engine that is i believe carburated. I will try to post a picture of the engine bay somewhere here. Can i start another thread somewhere about my build? I am no car mechanic by no means but i like doing it. I have already completely tore down another red L200 for parts. So i know how to work on those cars a little.

Some of you might find that in the future i will ask questions with the answers allready on the forums here but im very new to the forum life :joy::sweat_smile:. I therefore apologise in advance!

Kind regards from Holland!

3 Likes

you sure can start another thread in here

1 Like

Welkom!
Looks like the dutch know to find this wonderfull place haha
I will be of no help with any technical things and advice on your upcomming swap but ill be around for moral support and to watch the show!

2 Likes