The Ohkei L80 Build

Build Update

Sold my wheels and the white l80

Bought 2 sets of wheels, new tail lights and a shifter surround from Japan .

PA02017810_955925
ho7118ka-img600x450-1330414194tocgj832600
PA02010073_44cdd4

Also grabbed some more photos of the blue l80.

5 Likes

Build Update

Have spent more money I shouldn’t on dai parts.

Got some door handles and a valve cover from some fellow livetodai members.

My ssr wheels finally got ready for shipping and ended up paying $718 all up for the wheels split into two boxes shipped to qld. All up the wheels have costed $1100.

Also ordered a wing from NMF Garage

I also placed some bids on yahoo auctions for a l70 trxx cluster, side skirts and glove box, I hope I win but who knows :joy:.

New plan with the motor on the l80 is to take advantage of the eb10 and make a efi 550cc motor with a ef head and supporting parts. I think going for a n/a build will keep things simple and also keep the nugget reliable.

Next thing to begin planning is body work and paint.

4 Likes

I personally would have looked at using an ed20 inlet manifold etc on the 550 head or the whole ed20 head. It will offer more compression than an efel.

1 Like

that would of been my go-to, but I’m just using what I got and I’m curious to see how the ef head will work with the eb10.

1 Like

yeh thats fair man. That is what I do also. I use what i have and make stuff work :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“evilhighway, post:23, topic:3648”]I personally would have looked at using an ed20 inlet manifold etc on the 550 head or the whole ed20 head. It will offer more compression than an efel[/quote] Are you sure that the head has been altered for compression changes and not the pistons themselves?
Here, both supposedly from an ED20:

1 Like

EFEL from the 660cc has domed pistons and the head is accommodated for them hence when you put the efel head on an ed. Then you have the dished pistons and the extra room in the head which gives you a lower compression. Hence why people tend to use them over the ed head for turbo applications and it is 12 valve.

I would not like to put an ed head on an efel engine unless it was one of the rare ones with flat pistons. I currently run an ed20 in a mira with ejde piston’s and an ed20 head as I was keeping it N/A I chose the ed head as I know I can squeeze a tiny bit more out of it with the compression than if i went an efel head.

If I go turbo I will just put my efdet in it this time or if I did boost this ed engine again it would stay the ed head as I have a manifold I can adapt easy for a turbo but not one for the efel at the moment.

2 Likes

efel head chambers

2 Likes

Build Update

I ended up winning 2 of the 3 auctions i was bidding on. the winning ones are a tr-xx cluster and side skirts.

Screenshot 2021-11-15 120146
Screenshot 2021-11-15 120129
Screenshot 2021-11-15 120112

Also here are some more photos of my wing and intake coming from Malaysia. turns out the wing is plastic, not fiberglass so I’m keen for that haha.

8 Likes

I love that gauge cluster!

2 Likes

Build Update

My ssr wheels arrived and so did my centre console :heart_eyes:

7 Likes