Track Day GTVi - South Australia

This current setup is the Copen Caliper and Discs (246mm I believe) and Dixcel Z-Type Pads.

They were a marked improvement over the factory Sirion M101 GTVi brakes which I believe were 234ish and a smaller caliper? I didn’t realise the M300 Sirion’s had larger brakes again? but perhaps not in Australia given we didn’t get 1.5L Sirions. I’ll have a google around for the 254mm’s & 54mm piston calipers.

Based on the GPS data, I now outbrake the Proton Satria GTi (larger discs and two pot front calipers), both in terms of braking later and braking more positively (could be driver related though). Also based on the data it appears i can brake 30-40m later with this new setup…presumably going larger again will enable me to brake later and later (to a point).

Whatever size the stock M101 gtvi master cylinder is, the braking efficiency all happens towards the end of the pedal. I presume it’s a function of how this particular system works as it has always been like that. Could be the better modulation you mention. System was bled as best I can and didn’t appear to have air bubbles in it. Penrite RBF brake fluid too.

2 Likes