Thought I’d merge this across to the Project side.
The main goal of the car is to have fun at some track days, and have friendly competition with mate with similar power-to-weight ratio cars (Proton GTi and S1 RX7). After owning and tracking a 300kw Evo VI - it is going to be a massive change!
- Coilovers & Guard Roll (BC Racing)
- Wheels & Tyres (SSR 265 15x6.5+34 and Advan A052 195/50/15)
- Minor Bracing (Boot/C-pillar Brace)
- Supersprint 4-1 Headers
- BRAVE 2" exhaust.
- Copen stock rotors, Copen Calipers, Dixcel Z-Type Pads, D-Sport Braided Lines, Motul RBF600
- D-Sport LSD
- Copen 5.545 Final Drive
- Siberian Bushing - Front Sway Bar, Control Arm, Rear Torsion Bar
- Custom 2 1/8" (54mm) intake (throttle body ID) and DNA Motorbike Air Filter and Air Feed from Front Chrome Trim
- Fullriver HC20 Battery Relocated under front passenger seat
- Various Part Removals (rear wiper blade and motor, steering dampener, rear seats and interior trim etc)
- D-Sport S-type Rotors & Project Mu Pads
- Kumho V720 195/50 R15
- Storia Touring ECU
- New radiator & throttle body cooling loop removal.
- Oil Cooler (+thermostated block)
- Race Seat + relocating it rearward and lower
- Oil temp & pressure gauges
- Further Braking Improvements (Honda 262mm rotors & Wilwood calipers)
The first outing will be at Mallala on the 20th of August.
Since this is a demanding circuit on brakes, I have incoming: braided lines, rotors and pads that should be up to the task. I’ve not yet done anything about the rear braking setup as I’m not sure which rear drum it has as a lot of sites reference different widths. I probably won’t do much here - hoping that the fronts will do most of the work.
Along with the braking, the other items I hope to get done before the 20th Aug are: ECU, exhaust & seat modifications (possibly a low-mount rail and friends LS (Proton GTi) Recaro.