Tuned NA k3

Heya team chasing some info.
I’ve got a k3-ve2 sirion, I’m planning on getting a mega squirt and run E85. I have an exhaust on and I will be putting a plenum on with perhaps a bigger DBW throttle body. currently just chasing some information about the fuel system and potential upgrades/pointers for injectors and fuel pump.
I have heard Pink STI 565Cc injectors work but chasing some info on fuel pumps and the fuel system in general. Ideally if you could consider the potential for a low boost turbo too that’d be great. thanks guys, I will keep you updated.

1 Like

alot of the turbo people are running Kemso fuel pumps bought off ebay here in australia, listed for subarus from memory, or run a walbro 255. if changing to e85 make sure all your rubber fuel lines are e85 safe and try not to leave fuel in the tank for too long as it absorbs water

1 Like

E85 will require bigger injectors for sure. You’ll need a wideband O2 for such to know what is going on. If this is a road car E85 will end up being a pain as a daily. The inlets slugg up, e85 quality varies, beware rust in the fuel tank, and e85 lines req (as Mokeman said).

awesome thanks for the fuel pump tips. what makes fuel lines e85 safe? not really sure about the interactions of alcohol and plastic/rubber.

interesting stuff. I’m likely going to flex fuel it, wether that’s cheapo e10/e85 or 98/e85. I am aware of the octane rating of e10, probs wouldn’t perform well on the k3. Anything I can do to mitigate the e85 issues that arise? sludge in the inlets isn’t ideal, I guess I could run a detergent through the fuel system occasionally. I do use 10% Diesel Distillate in the oil.

The flex lines will be a rubber that won’t break down, no idea as to what is in the stuff. I’ve done a few tanks where I pulled them out and coated them with Gold Standard Fuel Tank Sealer and internally coated hard lines and high quality anodised AN couplings.

1 Like

Walbro 255 is not E85 compatible, I have 455 LPH wich can handle E85. There are smaller Pumps like AEM-50-1200

2 Likes

thanks for that, learn something new everyday :slight_smile:

2 Likes