WTB polyurethane mounts

ey yall. just wondering if anyone knows a place or has some polyurethane engine mounts before i make my own.
the stock ones move a lot and i have low clearance with almost everything so need to stop the movement.

1 Like

Im interested to see how you go making your own. I want to give this a go at sometime also

1 Like

I’ve been interested in making my own too, for one’s that aren’t readily available.
Good ol’ Aussie ingenuity.
I’ll edit/update this reply with supplier information from my files for all.
Unless someone beats me to it!
Challenge!

2 Likes

Peddlers do sway bay ones…
http://shop.pedders.com.au/make-and-model/daihatsu/charade/1987-1993-g100-g102/suspension-bushes.html

But an easy way, if you don’t want to got 100% custom, is to pop of the current ones out.
Seal them up with tape, Then just fill the void with something like sikaflex. :slight_smile: :wink:

I think i remember seeing a guide on the old fourm

1 Like

yeah i know of the swaybar ones. alot of brands make them. but finding the motor mounts are hard so will just end up making my own out of old ones…

I use power flex mounts in all my starlets.
You have to bash out the centre of the old mounts and push in the new solid mounts. Easy job but it does make the car vibrate a bit on idol. When you get the revs up it’s fine. Not sure if the Daihatsu ones are easily sourced through someone like them
PS, I have seen people crack the boxes and read the box mounts on Starlet when they use the solid rods you get from places like CBC bearings and they machine them down to fit and press into mounts. They are very rigid. The powerflex ones are drilled a bit for the tiniest bit of give.

2 Likes