Chazza - L251 Semi track build

from memory I got 1.14 (74) seconds best in the track hack mira. I also had old out of date street tyres on. lol

2 Likes

I got 1:14 in my Sirion and was a bit held up, I think I would be quicker now, even in the same car.

2 Likes

Well I didn’t enter the chazza in the endurance race, but I did get to drive a cool turbo ej sirion in the event. Was great fun, even though it was a wet track all day.

But, the main reason for my post today:

It’s a kit to make the rear suspension independent! Holy crap! If only I had won the lotto last week!

4 Likes

If only it wasn’t sold out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trackday at lakeside went well.

No major malfunctions. Was a bit of an oil leak, which has seemed to fix itself after a day or 2. I think blow-by while pushing the engine might’ve been the cause.
Speaking of the engine, I don’t really push the car day to day, but have always felt the engine is under-powered even for an EJ and it doesn’t like to rev past 4k. On the day the best time I could achieve was 1:26.5. I know of other EJ cars getting 1:19.xx. It really struggled coming out of corners. I think the poor thing is just so worn out.

So the plan? Refresh the engine (new seals, bearings and rings) and add boost. I have got my hands on an exhaust manifold and GT1549 turbo copy. ECU is next on the list. Then I will get the other things (intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and etc). The plan is to make it look like a non turbo from the outside.

6 Likes

I found my L251 to be similar as in underpowered. I think the extra weight has a lot to do with it and the whole body shape/ weight distribution.
I honestly have not seen a fast L251 with the exception of the skid control one with the turbo k3.
Sounds like a good plan with what you have in mind.

3 Likes

Small updates. I have been collecting parts ready for boost. As I have said before I have the exhaust manifold and a Chinese copy of a gt1549. I recently brought a front mount intercooler. It should fit perfectly in the grill once the center of the grill is cut out.
Next on the list is new rings and conrod bearings, to be ready for the mini rebuild. On YouTube I even saw ARP Rod bolts and upgraded valve springs that could work (both are from other cars and the bolts require the tray in the oil pan to be clearanced a bit). Then all the other stuff.
My current plan is to get it going with the turbo I have, then swap it to a new Garrett GBC14-200 down the track. This is the new version of the gt15, but being newer design and not a knockoff, it should be a bit of an upgrade.

Last small thing: It was my birthday a few weeks ago, as a small present to myself I got some chrome inner door handles from Japan:

I’m only going to need 2 of them, so will probably sell the others. While I was shipping things from Japan, I also got a tow bolt. My car was missing it when I bought it. It was just a few extra $. Nothing exciting :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A towing eye can be very helpful.
I recently needed one for my work van and it was nowhere to be found. We had to call roadside assistance.

2 Likes