Daiharris Track/Streeter L200 build.. The quest for hilarity

This is from an efdet I believe but I think they fit an ej also but not 100% sure. (this isnt mine)

Itā€™s all apart of modification; even the common cars come with their headaches.

I built a custom exhaust manifiold for my EJ; Iā€™d be happy to let it go, the only problem might be distance though. :sweat_smile:; where exactly u located?

Mine was build for L500, but the clearance should be enough for your L200

Nah all good boysā€¦ Iā€™m in Australia so shipping would be a killer, I assume I can just use the exhaust manifold and cut the excess off so we have a template and go from thereā€¦

1 Like

https://livetodai.com/t/ej-ef-det-ef-gl-turbo-manifold/189/4

Thanks bra, I just msgd him weā€™ll se what he says.

So just a quick update today, borrowed the crane and pulled the engine this arvo, first time taking an engine out so it was a bit of learning, but finally got it doneā€¦

The missus looking impressedā€¦

Engine bay

And it was my birthday the other day so my missus made me this Simpsons silhouette thingā€¦

Alright thatā€™s it for now boysā€¦ Iā€™ll update more once I go pick the EJ upā€¦

Drive safe!

4 Likes

Maybe you could call this Project Scorpio? I know Microsoft are using it for the new xbox one but the Mira will last longer.

where is the pug?

1 Like

Yes sir, I will notice that Mr Scorpionā€¦

1 Like

Being a grub as alwaysā€¦

2 Likes

hes looking rather seedy lol :smile:

1 Like

So Iā€™ve been doing a bit of reading regarding the EJ swap, going through evils abd efimiras build thread abwd a few other places, one of the things Iā€™ve noticed is the fuel lines for the ed10 being too thin so that and the pump are going to have to be replacedā€¦ My plan was to run e85 anyways so obviously Iā€™ll just have to get some e85 lines and pumo and stick those inā€¦ Is there anything I should be doing to the tank to prepare it for e85 or is it good to go once I get pump and lines sorted?

Iā€™m currently doing/about to do all AN6 fittings (Speedflow or equiv), hard ano lines front to rear, E85 proof with cloth outer hose and am considering an 255 lph Raceworks E85 pump (will be over capacity and didnā€™t really want it thrashing away but it is the lowest output E85 proof one I have seen). Iā€™ve painted inside the tank with KBS Gold fuel tank sealer. Keep with hard anodised as much as possible. Am currently working on the pick up. Pics of that to come.

Yeah I saw in your build thread you were doing thatā€¦ I assume then we are going to have to do the same thing at the same timeā€¦ I might go have a read of how hard it was for you to drop your tankā€¦ I might have to steal your idea for the access to the fuel pump as well, thatā€™s the best thing iv ever seenā€¦

Figured out what pump to use. Have ordered a motorcycle in tank pump for E85 to suit an Aprillia RSV4 RF. Easily good for 200hp.

Dropping the tank is okay, but a pain to get the filler hose back on (at least on mine). Note my exhaust is diff and it must come out, but once out itā€™s easy. Not looking forward to routing the hard line. Might even put the car on the trailer and take it to work so I can do it on the hoist.

Alright sweetā€¦ Well hopefully I only have to drop the tank once to do the pump and run the new lines but we all know how that goes hahahaā€¦

Alright so a bit more news, picked up the EJ today!!! Hooray!!! So now the parts I have are

The L200, the engine bay is now completely strippedā€¦ I want to paint it because Iā€™ve never had a flawless engine bay before so I figure this is my best chanceā€¦

The EJ - oldmate forgot to tell me it needed itā€™s clutch done but he supplied a new one of those as well so should be easy to do whilst the engine is out of the carā€¦

L700 front hubs and callipers
L700 shift linkage
L700 gearbox (obviously)
EJ ecu
L700 cluster
And finally about 100 metres of wiringā€¦ Honestly it looks like the entire cars harness is wrapped around the engineā€¦

So now begins the process of removing all the wiring off the engine so I can do a decent service and probably do the headgasket as wellā€¦ If anyone has any suggestions about any other gaskets that should be done whilst the engine is on a stand tell meā€¦

I need to degrease the engine bay and then work out what colour to spray it, if it cleans up good then maybe Iā€™ll just stick with the red and go from thereā€¦

Once thatā€™s sorted I need to sort out how to make the suspension work, Iā€™ve got all he L200 shit from the car plus the l700 shit I got with the Ej. The only thing I can see being an issue so far is the cv shaft but thatā€™s a problem that has been solved plenty of times by daihard members so shouldnā€™t be too much of an issueā€¦

Alright thatā€™s it, Iā€™ll take some photos of the mess of parts I got tomorrow, but for the meantime check out the shirt my mate got me for my birthdayā€¦ I have hilarious friends hahahaha

Drive safe peeps! Stay updated for lots of photos!

4 Likes

L700 box is the way to go and I wish Iā€™d gone that way. Ratios are not to bad (l200 box sucks). M100 box is same thing but with lower final drive. We had to get a custom CV made when I did this box swap with EFIMira in his car. Youā€™ll need a hybrid clutch cable. That meant tig welding whatever was on the L700 box end of the cable ontot the L200.

1 Like

Yeah okā€¦ When you say custom cv I assume you just had to lengthen one of them? If you donā€™t mind me asking why doesnā€™t a pair of l700 ones work?

L700 is a wider car than the l200. Im not sure what will work with that box other than custom, Mr G would know more than I but I assume the L700 shaft will be too long on long side, not sure about short side. From my 4x100 conversion I used a copen short shaft and a jack shaft with another copen short shaft. But I have only an L200 box also. The jackshaft I got from a forum member and picked up another one from yahoo as a spare. (no not for sale). I tried copen shaft which cost me $160 just to try it and was a failure, I also tried an M100 shaft and that was too long also.

2 Likes