Daihatsu Sirion K3VE2 Engine

Now everything is put together and it is ready to get the engine into the car. I started to build a motor map with the dummy motor, because I dont wanted to try it with my new and expensive engine but now I think the map is good to let the engine start. Before I will go on the dyno and make the map perfect, I will write a map by myself, which I will do on a track across the fields. I hope it will went good.

Here are some pictures from my engine at the moment

11 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yesterday the engine started for the first time. Everything went well, no Problems with the new camshafts and Valve springs. The Sound with much more compression as the stock Motor is impressiv.
I let the Motor run without strain, because I wanted to be sure it wont run with not enough fuel, but with some testruns on the hydraulic ramp it gets better and better

The next step is to get the gearbox ready. I bought a gear set with a closer ratio and
hardened gears. Which I wanna run with the Daihatsu Copen Final Drive (5.54). So the gears come closer and I can run the engine at optimum torque.

8 Likes

Perhaps just stating the obvious.

With such a low final drive be very cautious about gearbox temp. The diff ā€œpinionā€ (actual in a fwd I would call it a spur gear) has so few teeth it will be in my experience your week point and the first sign will be the loss of case hardening and then pitting. As a minimum Redline shockproof heavy weight oil or equivalent. Run a gearbox temp gauge to monitor or have the oil tested after hard use to see if it is breaking down due to high temp.

6 Likes

Very impressive thread and a interesting read :+1: tyvm.

Iā€™m going for the same kind of build for my 1sz-fe Yarisā€¦
And It has even a shorter stroke, should rev quite higher than a k3-ve

1 Like

Thanks guys for your nice comments on my post. I will hold you up to date for sure.
And @Mr_Gormsby I will run my gearbox with an oil cooler. Because I got temperatur problems with the stock gearbox and thats the reason why I wanted to cool down the gearbox Temperatur.
@Yoda I think my engine will rev to 9500 at the end, but more is not possible I think. The piston speed is to high above 9500, maybe 10000 is possible but not for a long time.

6 Likes

Well, 9500 rpms would be enought for the stock c551 transā€¦
Good idea for the trans Cooler, youā€™ll be running an oil pump for that?

Dude that engine build is sick AF! Youā€™re basically living my dream atm. What are your throttle bodies off of? Some motorcycle or custom?
If you have them available a 3sz-ve head is a good upgrade as it has slightly bigger valves and ports.
Also a K3-vet oil pump has raised oil output due to the added turbo compared to the NA K3ā€™s so could be useful in a racing engine.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having difficulties finding that oil pumpā€¦
For the intake situation:
Iā€™m using a custom intake manifold with a 1nz or 1zz throttle body (Canā€™t Remember atm), for the v2 iā€™m gonna use Ae101 itbs :drooling_face:

Hi broā€¦ may I know where u get the high degree camshaftā€¦ might shall the contact for me and the camshaft detail?

1 Like

@Yoda Yes I will be running an oil pump for my gearbox.

@Eddie My throttle bodies are from a motorcycle. They are from a Suzuki GSXR 750 K6 and K7. It work very good, I got some test meters with the car.

@Hoho The high degree camshaft was custom made in Germany, like my valve springs too. If you want some more info please write me a personal message.

All in all in want to say sorry, I was a long time away, because COVID 19 cancelled my season so I didnt done alot at my car.

Now I got a trackday with my car at september and then I will now more about my engine. What I wanted to say is I dont think that my camshaft is pretty good, its to much degree. I want to test a normal camshaft in winter maybe and will tell some news here then.

6 Likes

Here are some Videos from our testing before we go to a real racetrack next weekend. I hope you enjoy.
In the video you can here my new shorter gearbox and the rev limiter which goes up to 8500 :smiley:
K3VE2 with short gearbox (1 to 4th gear)
Playing in a Quarry

6 Likes

thats sounds so good

2 Likes

So last Weekend I was at the Uhlenkƶper Ring to test my engine and my car. The car runs pretty nice and the engine runs perfect!
The only thing is I got problems with my oil temperature after some rounds, but I want to drive with it for 45min without getting to much oil temperature. I got a really big oil cooler but it is not enough. Someone here said that the K3VE-T oil pump is better then the normal K3VE2 oil pump, can someone help me there please?

Here is a video from my racecar:

6 Likes

im having the same oil temp issue, may i asked what oil cooler you are running?

Are you running a themostatic oil cooler sandwich plate?

Build me One engine :star_struck:
For the oil cooler, You could fit a remote oil filterā€¦ The exhaust manifold & exhaust could heat up the cartridge.

Hi
I have a question about engine similarity. Does parts from k3ve2 fit in 2sz-fe? I want to build high rev version of my engine and Iā€™m searching for any info related to it.

Hello man,

I am not really sure about it. Toyota and Daihatsu made a cooperation with some engines and also with the K3VE2. I cant answer your question with 100% accuracy. I am very sorry about it.

1 Like