Does anyone know how to remove a 2002 sirion front bumper

Hi my the alternator in the sirion has failed. It only works with a squeaking above 2000rpm

I have taken a look at it and wish to swap it for the other I have on the parked 2004 sirion I have sitting. I can’t see a way to remove it from the bottom.

I planned to take the front bumper off, undo the tensioner, slide the belt off the alternator and undo the bolts etc.

Advice will be much appreciated thanks in advance.

If you have the same Sirion front as 1999 sirion 1.0:

1. Unscrew the nickel sides of the bumper under the wheels.
  2. Then, it must have some plastic clips for the plastic covers front hte wheels. If you break the clips, don’t worry. Use wire wraps to refit the bumper later.
  3. After that, unbolt the bumper from the fenders.
  4. Remove front nickel.
  5. Under that, there are other bolts. Remove them and the bumper is out! If you have fog lights, remove the plugs.

Post a photo of your Sirion to see if it’s the same. Good luck!

1 Like

My sirion is the new shape 2000-2004. But I believe they are the same just a different bumper/headlight combo.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

In that case, you must :

1. Unscrew the nickel sides of the bumper under the wheels.
  2. Then, it must have some plastic clips for the plastic covers front hte wheels. If you break the clips, don’t worry. Use wire wraps to refit the bumper later.
  3. After that, unbolt the bumper from the fenders.
  4. Open the hood and unscrew the uper part of the bumper.
    5.If you have fog lights, remove the plugs.

The difference between the two models are that, the bumper of the 1st edition was a separate part from the top “mask”. See here:

Yours is a whole part!

1 Like