Daihatsu Sirion M100 <<The Blue Wonder>>

great intel thanks @Mr_Gormsby

The steering components are the same between the M100 and L700. The only difference is the inner tie rods (maybe the outers as well but i don’t think so).

1 Like

Thank you for the info. So, a boss hub, fit for Cuore/Mira L700/L701 will it fit Sirion M100? :thinking:

It should.

1 Like

Thank you again good sir! :handshake:

1 Like

Finaly!! The new bumper is on! :grin:

Old bumper is off.

That’s the new!! Looks great!!

We had a problem with the metallic bar… needs to be trimmed

We cut some metal with the grinder.

And that’s the final result!

7 Likes

Any comments? :thinking:

That looks awesome and far better than the previous stock unit :+1: good job! Do you have a picture of the front end before and after? I found one in post 5 that would be good to post next to your 2nd last picture.

1 Like

Unfortunatly I don’t have. But you can see the differences here.

4 Likes

If you copy both of the image links without any return or a space they will become side to side pics in the thread, sharing the same line.

Unfortunately, outside is raining cats and dogs. And also we have the quarantine for the corona virus, so I can’t test those. But, I can show them to you. So, here we go!

Jack Stands for 2000kg each:

Its maximum hight is 37,7cm and when you don’t need it you can close it like this:

The height selection pin also has a safety pin.

Led work lamp with magnet:

You can turn on/off and adjust the light with this switch:
Low, medium and high (you can also go between those):

Also it has a mini USB to recharge and 4 led indicators for the battery:

Thoughts?

3 Likes

What’s the min. height on those jack stands? They look “awesome” but if they are made in China - I would take the defined weight and divide by half, and then divide by half again if your using any ‘lever bar’.

It’s 24cm, 26,7cm, 29,5cm, 32,2cm, 35cm and 37,7cm. They are the Ultimate Speed by Lidl and the Led is a Parkside also by Lidi.

1 Like

Don’t get under the car when it’s on those jack stands. I’ve used those and almost got crushed because of them.
They’re not worth risking your life. No matter how level the ground is and how well you place them under the car.

Nice light though!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info @Aaron. I will have it in mind.

1 Like

@Aaron, what Dai do you used them with? I’m asking because:

1. The jack stands are supporting 2tons each.
  2. My sirion has Curb Weight 785kg – 940kg. Roughly a ton. According to this site.

So, if your Dai is heavier than that, it’s not a mistery that the jack stands couldn’t hold it. They aren’t professional jack stands after all.

Please tell me your dai model and its weight, so I can have a point of reference to compare the durability of the jack stands.

Thank you.

I used them on a Charade G11. According to the same site it would have had a curb weight of about 708 - 718 kg.

You can still use them. Just keep in mind not to stress them. And maybe put the wheels under the rocker panels just in case.

1 Like

Thank you for the info man! I will use my old steel rims for that! Does it mater if they don’t have a tire on them??

1 Like

No tires is fine. Tires don’t have any added benefits. Just as long as you don’t use tires only (hopefully for obvious reasons).
The steel rims should give you a little more security.

1 Like

What is the point of failure?