Daihatsu Sirion M100 <<The Blue Wonder>>

I had it removed some days ago.

I have noteced two things:

• The air at the heater (A/C) is not that warm.
  • The temprature of the car is coming up to middle much slower.

So, when the filter arive, I will install the sheld again, but I will cut a hole at the place where the filter will be positioned.

That way, I will hope to have normal tempratures at the engine and heater and also cold air for my new filter!

What do you think?

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for that air filter. In the meantime I made a strut bar from copper pipe. Here are some photos:

Thoughts?

No good. Cooper is soft. The angles will not strengthen anything. This is not an area that particularly needs bracing. The strut towers are attached to the fire wall anyway. I know people like the dress up look but deflection testing on mine found no flex in this region.

4 Likes

Here is my new cone air filter.

Next, I found a good contition front bumper of the M100 1.3 with the fog lights. It’s already to the workshop for painting.

Also, a question. The Sirion M100 and Cuore M701 have the same steering wheel gear?

3 Likes

Here is my version one intake image Then I went to an EJDE in my L200.

If you have room extend that filter down and give it a shroud so it does not suck hot air. Good work on your part there with the way you’ve done your own piping though.

4 Likes

What was/is the total length of the intake piping?

Just over 1600mm if my memory serves correctly. Bought torque up right across the rev range

I remembered you saying that so that was the reason for my asking. I guess you didnt suffer much heat soak from going accross the engine rocker cover. Copen was terrible for heatsoak there but it did have the turbo which increased the heat despite the intercooler not really being efficient.

I do have a couple of cheap digital thermometer with the prob inside. It got some heat soak only when you turn the engine off (of course). Running though whether idle or driving the temps at throttle body and at the air filter were exactly the same.

2 Likes

great intel thanks @Mr_Gormsby

The steering components are the same between the M100 and L700. The only difference is the inner tie rods (maybe the outers as well but i don’t think so).

1 Like

Thank you for the info. So, a boss hub, fit for Cuore/Mira L700/L701 will it fit Sirion M100? :thinking:

It should.

1 Like

Thank you again good sir! :handshake:

1 Like

Finaly!! The new bumper is on! :grin:

Old bumper is off.

That’s the new!! Looks great!!

We had a problem with the metallic bar… needs to be trimmed

We cut some metal with the grinder.

And that’s the final result!

7 Likes

Any comments? :thinking:

That looks awesome and far better than the previous stock unit :+1: good job! Do you have a picture of the front end before and after? I found one in post 5 that would be good to post next to your 2nd last picture.

1 Like

Unfortunatly I don’t have. But you can see the differences here.

4 Likes

If you copy both of the image links without any return or a space they will become side to side pics in the thread, sharing the same line.

Unfortunately, outside is raining cats and dogs. And also we have the quarantine for the corona virus, so I can’t test those. But, I can show them to you. So, here we go!

Jack Stands for 2000kg each:

Its maximum hight is 37,7cm and when you don’t need it you can close it like this:

The height selection pin also has a safety pin.

Led work lamp with magnet:

You can turn on/off and adjust the light with this switch:
Low, medium and high (you can also go between those):

Also it has a mini USB to recharge and 4 led indicators for the battery:

Thoughts?

3 Likes