Daihatsu Sirion M100 <<The Blue Wonder>>

What’s the min. height on those jack stands? They look “awesome” but if they are made in China - I would take the defined weight and divide by half, and then divide by half again if your using any ‘lever bar’.

It’s 24cm, 26,7cm, 29,5cm, 32,2cm, 35cm and 37,7cm. They are the Ultimate Speed by Lidl and the Led is a Parkside also by Lidi.

1 Like

Don’t get under the car when it’s on those jack stands. I’ve used those and almost got crushed because of them.
They’re not worth risking your life. No matter how level the ground is and how well you place them under the car.

Nice light though!

2 Likes

Thank you for the info @Aaron. I will have it in mind.

1 Like

@Aaron, what Dai do you used them with? I’m asking because:

1. The jack stands are supporting 2tons each.
  2. My sirion has Curb Weight 785kg – 940kg. Roughly a ton. According to this site.

So, if your Dai is heavier than that, it’s not a mistery that the jack stands couldn’t hold it. They aren’t professional jack stands after all.

Please tell me your dai model and its weight, so I can have a point of reference to compare the durability of the jack stands.

Thank you.

I used them on a Charade G11. According to the same site it would have had a curb weight of about 708 - 718 kg.

You can still use them. Just keep in mind not to stress them. And maybe put the wheels under the rocker panels just in case.

1 Like

Thank you for the info man! I will use my old steel rims for that! Does it mater if they don’t have a tire on them??

1 Like

No tires is fine. Tires don’t have any added benefits. Just as long as you don’t use tires only (hopefully for obvious reasons).
The steel rims should give you a little more security.

1 Like

What is the point of failure?

I had the legs give in on one of the stands. Which cause 2 more stands to fail (also on the legs).

1 Like

What if I weld the legs of the stands?

That will probably work.
But you could get away with just using the rims as a safety back-up.

1 Like

Today, the weather is nice, it doesn’t rain anyway. So, I had to do something, even with the quarantine. And I thought to my self, why don’t you paint those dum drum brakes? And guess what, I DID!! LoL :laughing:

Primer:

Paint:

Wheel ON:

And here it’s the left side ready to roll:

And the right side:

Come on now! I need opinions!! :grin:

4 Likes

Wind brakers on windows. Front and rear

4 Likes

New disks and brake pads! The old disks were like: I’m sorry that I met you, I won’t do it again!

4 Likes

Well, yesterday, I had 2-3 hours of free time, and I thought, why not to clean the carpet of my Sirion a bit? So, I had to remove the front seats and center console:

Truth to be told… It was surprising cleaner that I expected!!

The driver side is done

And now the pasenger side is done!

Now the center console is on! With my trusty armrest!

Of Course I put the seats on, but I had to run, so I didn’t had time for photos… sorry!

3 Likes

New battle scars! Long live the guy with the moto, who came reverse on the one-way with his Yamaha TDM…

Also, those were made by a trash bin on the other side! NICE!!

I’m living a dream, don’t wake me up!!

4 Likes

ouch

Let’s see the bright side:

1. The car can be driven, unlike the othe crash.
  2. The insurance will cover the repears.
2 Likes

The work has been started

5 Likes