Daihatsu Sirion M100 <<The Blue Wonder>>

The work is done!

Like new!

7 Likes

Hello there! Long time no see! I hope you are doing alright! Just a small update on my sirion.

New steering wheel cover!!

Steering Wheel cover link for enyone who want to buy it for his /her Dai!

And on the car!

3 Likes

Last month, I didn’t had time to update you about my sirion, except my steering wheel. So, now that I have the time, here they are my m101 side spoilers:

And now, at the time here it is the work in progress:

“New” 2003 sirion rear bumper:

And rear spoiler with stop light:

3 Likes

I didn’t get a chance to wash my car and take photos of the paintjob for the rear bumper and rear spoiler, but I did change the position of my custom air filter and painted the plastic cover of the spark plugs metallic red. +5 HP from the cover! Hell yeah!

3 Likes

At last, I was able to take some photos of my Sirion! Enjoy as I do!

2 Likes

Hello there guys and gals. Currently, I took my old cyl head from my mechanic (I had my engine changed 2-3 years ago and yes, I did just put another EJ-DE… no comments on that!! - but… - I said no comments damn it!!!)

Anyway, While my current engine is working ok and while I have this nasty, filled with sluge and burned oil head, I was thinking to my self “why don’t you clean it with some break or carb cleaner, even gasoline and with the help of your trusty dremel tool, make an air flow evolution!!”

So, I did clean the valve cover to some extent. I will post some photos of it later… Unfortunetly, I didn’t took photos of it while it was dirty, but I will post photos of the head’s insides for you to get an idea of how chalenging is this for me…

Wish me luck!

EDIT: Also I found out, with the briliant discovery of Viz Perez on the FB L2D, that the rubber seals of spark pug wells on the valve cover, can be replaced by honda seals with code 12342-P08-004.

Viz Perez photos:

2 Likes

Well guys, here we are, that’s the progress thus far.

I managed to clean the valve cover but I have to do a better job than this:

Here you can see the rest of the mess I’m into:

I know… nasty!!

3 Likes

Holy Snap that is some sludge all right :open_mouth:

Hello there Dai family. Long time no see. I 've made some progress on my little car.

Chrome rings on my dash:

Painted my plastic trims with B37 color:

Painted my valve cover and coil cover:

I also changed:
Front strut mounts on both sides.
Inner and outter tie rods both sides
Left control arm ( the right side was changed 2 years ago.)
All the bushes of the control arms and front bar.
And upgraded my exhaust to open.

5 Likes

It’s been a few years. Unfortunately, my 1999 Sirion 1.0 was involved in an crush during the 5th of March of this year. I decided to sell it, because the cost was too much and my insuranse didn’t cover it all.

I restored to stock the interior and extirior and send it to the buyer:

So this is the end of “The blue wonder”… for me at least. It served me well those 25 years. Goodbye old friend…

Now enter: The Light Blue Beast!

1 Like