G100 hillclimb car

I have heard about the plug tubes before, only happens when running high lift billet cams. Did you take any pics?

How much piston to valve clearance do you have with the 1.3 pistons? And what valve spring are needs for the cam? I run a set of stage 1 springs I bought from Allen Waye a few years back.

1 Like

I have just over 2mm of clearance on the intake. Exhaust clears fine. It didnā€™t even dent my clay. Iā€™m running standard springs. Im a little worried about them. I think Iā€™ll just keep the rev limiter at 7K for now.

1 Like

2mm clearance is enough.

I paid $145 for my springs back in 2012 from Performance Springs in Queensland, might be worth considering.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a decent price. Kinda wish I did them now.

1 Like

Id suggest keeping an eye on the inner front arches as they are prone to cracking. And no the later model ones didnt resolve the issue like iw as told years back as my 92/3 model g102 has now got cracks in front arches behind the shock

1 Like

Yeh Iā€™ve been keeping a good eye on it. These chassis are Coke cans. From what I have gathered from CAMS 3J improved production manual is that Iā€™m not allowed any additional bracing, but I am allowed to run a strut brace, which is on my shopping list. Hopefully itā€™s enough to strengthen the front end until I fabricate a roll cage.

1 Like

Thats odd that you can have a roll cage but not other braces.

well I guess roll cage would be more to protect you in the car eg from getting crushed etc and braces for better performance etc.

1 Like

ā€œIt is permitted to seam weld the bodyshell. Metal to a thickness of up to 5mm maybe added to fully sprung
components to a distance of 75mm from the edge of each suspension pivot point aperture. Such metal must
follow the contour of the original metal at all times. It is not permitted to add or incorporate any other
components which contribute to the rigidity of the bodyshell, other than the safety cage structure as
described in Article 14.1, and a strut tower brace as described in article 9.7.ā€

Yeh I think it is a little odd. I can still seam weld the chassis though which would probably help out a lot.

1 Like

As per daddioā€™so info yoy should be able to plate it, Iā€™d do that from under the guard/outside if you can. Plug weld every 50mm or so if a large plate

2 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m looling at buying some Yellow Speed coilovers. What is your honest opinion about these units.

I think the springrates are insane. Iā€™m looking to get softer springs for mine itā€™s hopping over every bump. They might be fine for high speed circuit racing but for street use they are a little Savage. Other then that they are great.

1 Like

I had been looking at Ftuned for my G102 - they have 3 levels of spring rates, but I have no personal experience with these or Yellowspeed.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking if dropping my front springs to 3kg/mm and see how it feels. Iā€™ll get to the rears later down the track.

1 Like

Made some progress. Finally got the engine out.

2 Likes

So Daddioā€™s Daddio hasnā€™t finished the nissan chassis or is that a diff one? ( I know your old man is a busy guy)

1 Like

its daddios mommios daddioā€™s chassis. Alby has upgraded and is doing a cab swap on his old maverick.

1 Like

How is your Nan and Alby? Hope they are keeping well.

Yeh they are good, helping Alby build his shed these last couple of days.

1 Like

So I have managed to get this far.

5 Likes