G100 hillclimb car

Good job - I am very interested to see how this runs with the 1185c cam.

2 Likes

I’m interested to hear it idle.

1 Like

Just got her started. Changed injectors took off the water pump belt and she started easily. turns out the water pump is siezed
2 Likes

Turns out water pump pulley bolts were too long actually haha

Hahaha yeah did you use power steering one’s? I think i ran into that problem before.

1 Like

I must of lol they were just long enough to stop it spinning. Just got the cam run in. So far so good.

5 Likes

Started wiring up the new microsquirt. Running it directly into the existing loom. Got about 75% of the wiring done. Gotta work out how to get it to talk with the MSD. Also having same problem as @evilhighway with the TPS being a switch type and not a potentiometer. Gotta find a bigger throttle body anyway so I’ll hunt something.

1 Like

yeh Im going to hook up a vn-vt grey tps. I wonder what size the commo v6 tb’s are one of those would be ideal with a tps already there if its bigger and you can get it to fit.

I’m looking to go around 60mm butterfly, I have plenty of commodore throttles to play with

1 Like

Got her 95% wired. I have the VR sensor wired to go to the microsquirt. It runs electronic spark advance. This then gets fed into the MSD as a trigger signal when to fire.

2 Likes

Good to see someone else tackling an ECU job themselves - I did my own Megasquirt on my G102.

I managed to get a potentiometer type TPS with the same plug as the factory Charade one from an old Holden working through the standard loom.

Hope your injectors are big enough! I ended up with 260cc 1.8 MX5 injectors after I maxed out my 180cc Applause ones.

Standard charade injectors so far. Might have to pick up some larger ones from the wreckers when I go hunting for a throttle body. The plan was to just get it idling to start with and go from there. Taking things slow as this is my first time building my own engine,wiring my own ecu etc etc. Now that the engine runs im really motivated to get it moving.

1 Like

Looks good mate also the auto TPS from a charade/applause is a potentiometer type.

1 Like

I better dig through my stuff. I should have an automatic TB laying around. Ty very much for that info.

1 Like

Could only find switch based tps through my gear. Looking at the G200 service manual, the automatic G200’s should 100% have a pot based tps. Might be worth adding this to the wiki.

1 Like

I have one if you want it? The throttle shaft is different between the auto and manual aswell and the manual shaft dosn’t play well on the auto throttle body.

Thanks for the offer. I’ll give the local wrecking yard a try first. I want to go slightly larger but was just hoping I had something lying around just to get it the engine started on the new ecu.

If you need a hand with the VR sensor I have a detailed design for a 36-1 trigger wheel to suit the Dai crank pulley and a sensor bracket that mounts onto the oil pump bolts.

4 Likes

65mm for both 6 and 8 cyl factory standard vn-vt

1 Like

Got some 2.2 litre 5sfe injectors from a Camry today. They seem to be a good fit. They a twin hole design to spray. They are apparently 235 or 250cc. Got the engine idling nicely on the microsquirt. I tapped into the magnetic sensor inside the dizzy to get a tach signal. Mounting everything nicely now.12

5 Likes