James' Daihatsu Cuore L700 - SKD555


#82

Love the Gino woodgrain stuff. you thinking of changing to the gino front?


#83

November 2018: Cuore got the old quarterly wash yesterday. My Subaru has become more and more broken lately meaning the Cuore is getting used way more than usual.

Dirty girl.

Clean boi.

Gave the new Meguiar’s APC a go on the interior.

Works wonders.

It’s been really useful having a full parts car around to just take bits and pieces off.

I also had some time to go and get some photos of the car.


#84

November 2018: I’m going to start ‘de-ricing’ some of the earlier ‘mods’ done in my P-Plater days. I picked up some white LED’s to replace the yuck blue ones I’ve been using in my parkers.

The blue ones were ready to go, I really need to fix up the drivers side headlight too, passenger one really is like new though.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

Passenger side was a little more of an effort with the battery but otherwise no biggie.

I was hoping to attack the number-plate lights but these LED’s are too long sadly. I’ll order some more and sort that out shortly.

Continuing with the theme, I can’t believe I waited so long to remove the HAI (Hot Air Intake).

Back to factory goodness. The pod did sound good but had a really strange noise at part throttle, really it was a silly thing.

Gave it a quick hit of APC, I really need to do the whole bay. Added to the list.


#85

If you want better performance, remove the little over the engine intake pipe and cut a 65 or 75 mm hole in the air box. Take a trip to Bursons or similar and buy some wire reinforced flexible tubing, there is a little hole just above the number plate in the bumper to fit it into.
Fresh cold air fed into the intake.


#86


This is what I have done to my GTVi and it’s the best of both worlds.


#87

November 2018: Some smaller T10 white LED’s arrived.

They were certainly still taller but they just fit in.

That prompted me to move onto something else. The NSW JDM plates also seem to sit lower then they are meant to. I’ve noticed this not just on my car but even real imports. Of course this isn’t a massive thing but you know, little fixes.

Grabbed some drill bits.

Popped it off and grabbed the drill out.

I made the holes as small as possible and brought it down about 15mm.

Much better, now its actually centre.

The front is a similar situation, although I’ll wait for the new bar to do this.


#88

November 2018: The wiper arms on the car really have seen better days, although not bad I suppose for 18 years.

I’ve never done this before so I grabbed the set from the parts car to have a go on just incase. They were in similar condition, looks like they have the original wipers too!

In good need of some prep.

After a range of techniques they were ready.

They then went up before getting a good clean.

Started with some wax and grease to clean, then out the paint came, nothing special just some basic satin black.

Three coats in total, with a full 24 hours to dry.

They came out just as I wanted.

Old ones then came off, I kept the blades on my car as they were still perfect.

On they went.


#89

December 2018: So I’ve sold the Gino kit that came on the parts car. Most stuff I wasn’t really interested in as it wasn’t the goal of my build. Although one of the two things I did want to keep was the cluster that came with the car, because TACHO!

It’s clearly been sitting for awhile and thus was filthy and a little damaged. That needed to be sorted before it went in the car.

I’ve got a couple other spare clusters with perfect plastics so off it came. Pretty spotless inside.

Back on, much better.

The standard bulbs were switched out for LED units, T10.

T5’s.

Popping them in is a breeze when the cluster is out.

Now to pull the old one out. It’s a little sad for me cause of those low low km’s. Oh well.

Onto the removal, dash surround pops off.

Three 10mm’s off.

Speed and wiring could then be detached.

Popped it in and plugged everything in to check lights. Sadly even though the lights are white they light up orange. No massive problem though!

Now before I through everything completely back on, I thought it a good time to remove the last of the blue LED lights.

Easy in, I wish they were a little more even but maybe I’ll find better ones in the future.

I did the auto shifter too even though it won’t be here for much longer.

Dash panel went back in then.

Popped out for some better pics.

So cool having a tacho for the first time in this car. As the car is a 1L, redline is 6,500RPM, unlike the 8,500RPM from the 660cc this cluster is from. Still cool though. Love that it was completely plug-n-play with no modification what so ever.

With all the issues I’ve been having with my Subaru lately I’m so grateful for this little thing, it brings me so much joy.


#90

Nice… :wink::+1::ok_hand::blush:


#91

December 2018: So the parts Cuore has been sitting in my garage for wayy to long and it’s time to pull my finger out and get things going. The whole point of the car was to use it for a manual conversion in my car. Before any of that could happen though I needed to get a clutch.

After a quick eBay search I ended up with a unit from Clutch Industries. It was only $110 shipped which really makes me laugh, but that’s why I love these cars. Everything is small and cheap. I believe CI own Mantic which is the clutch I have for my Subaru.

The part number is R1943N for anyone interested.

Hopefully I can get everything in, in the next 3ish weeks!