Where to begin.
Last year I moved house and had to get rid of most of my car stuff and I got rid of all my daihastu’s and most of the parts I had. I was going from a 3 standard bay shed and a 6 daihatsu bay carport down to a regular double garage. At the time I put my move up for sale as well as my swift. the move sold so I kept the swift.
A couple of months went by as we were in 2020.
I got a call from a friend as he asked me if I wanted to buy his mira. I didn’t have the money so He advertised it and attempted to sell it.
He had no luck and the day came when he needed it gone. He msged me and asked me if I wanted it and to come around and grab it. How could I refuse. He needed it gone that day and it was 2 blocks away from where I live. He had an efdet he was going to put in it also. I convinced him to hold onto that and try to sell it to atleast re-coup some of his loss. I agreed to store it at my place until he got a buyer. Buyer happened and then so did covid and the buyer was interstate and the border was closed. Long story short I still have it here and no its not forsale at the time of writing this it has been sold and awaiting pick up.
Anyway onto the car. I had some bits and pieces that I never threw out like 2 engines an gearbox from a g202 and some other bits and pieces. enough to make it run. Well So I thought.
This was pretty much how it looked when I got it
I had 2x ed20’s that I kept as well as some ef/el heads.
The one I am currently using is actually an ed10 that has ejde pistons in it. I used this engine and it was boosted on our first track day at Lakeside some 4 years ago. On that day it got quite hot and it also did a big end (con-rod) bearing. I had cleaned up the crank and got new bearings and put an ed20 head etc back on it back then but went with a different engine as the oil pump leaked like a sieve. So this has just been sitting around doing nothing for the last few years. So that was my first part to use.
I fixed the leak from the oil pump cover and went about finding all the bits and pieces to make it a running engine. Like a flywheel and distributor and heaps of another stuff I had stripped off it and used elsewhere.
Originally I was going to use the g202 gearbox but so happens I came across an L251 that was pretty Stripped but had a gearbox So I went with that but I will share what I found with the gearbox from the g202.
The g202 gearbox bolted up to the ed20 with the top 2 bolts and one on the rear, I cant remember if the front one bolted up or not but it works enough to be able to use it on any e series engine provided you can use the right flywheel and starter combination.
After I got the L251 gearbox which comes off and ejde engine it boiled up fine but I needed a new clutch as I didn’t have one. When looking up the clutch I found that the g202 and the L251 share the same clutch so it was a good sign and good info to remember.
After I got the gearbox I went and installed it with the L251 flywheel and starter
I later changed the flywheel and will provide details further on.
I will leave it at that for today and get back to more later in the week.