L700 Mod guide

Hope this is okay to ask, what happened to the L700 mod guide? I remember reading it a few years ago and seeing a lot of useful information
I now own an L700 and thought I ought to give it another read through as it covered a lot of helpful subjects, I spent hours searching the forum knowing it was here somewhere I managed to find a link to I from another thread, I opened that link and the mod guide is no longer available, a real shame as I was hoping for some inspiration off it, does anyone know for why or if it’s planning on being made public again? I apolagise if this is not the right thing to ask and in that case admins feel free to delete

1 Like

The author of it took it down.

That is really unfortunate, was a great resource for L700 owners

I have a local copy of it. Is it okay to share?
I’m not sure why the author took it down…

1 Like

It’s fine by me to share, If you got it from here for free then I think it’s fine for it to be put here. I am not the author but sharing info is always what part of this forum has been about. (helping the daihatsu community).

As for the author, I can give you my side of what happened. In the beginning, he was a Mod here. I can’t remember the details as it was too long ago, but he was demoted to a regular member but never banned here and is welcome to come and go as he pleases. He has been banned twice from the Facebook group and I have not bothered to unban him. I think it was a while after that he decided to take down the L7 Mod Guide and some of his other posts.

Just a side note:
If he were to contact me and ask to be unbanned in the FB group then I would do so as it has been a few years since he was banned.

3 Likes

L700 Cuore_Mira Mod Guide - DIY Tutorials - Live To Dai.pdf (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

His attention to detail is quite impressive. It appears, this pdf answers questions often repeated here and on F.B…
I never knew the author of this pdf. But if he’s that helpfull, maybe any personality flaws can get overlooked, when deciding over his re-instatement?
Anyone living out their Second Life fantasies often do so to entertain themselves, rather than to deliberately insult others, if this was the case. In which case, it may be best not to sacrifice productive members in exchange for not taking their every word seriously, in case any other member gets goaded into a flame war with this person

1 Like

He does have a FB group also that if anyone is interested in joining. I am not in the group so I don’t know the particulars but if you search L7addicted Australia then you should be able to find it. ( I hope thats the right info and appologies if not).

2 Likes

Thank you evilhighway for clearing that up it’s a shame he took it down but I guess he had his reasons and you never know what goes on in someone’s life behind the forum
I respect your approach to the situation despite what may have gone on as well kudos my friend

2 Likes

You sir are an absolute legend and have made my day

1 Like

I can’t take the credit haha! Shout out to the Dutch L7 club for keeping a Google Drive :smiley:

2 Likes