Molly the 4door <3

Yeah, all in time. I’m still running all factory 1.5" pipe also. The factory manifolds aint that bad honestly,
See these photos i just took of a spare one :slight_smile: I have no cat inside mine atm so that helps flow a fair bit but as you can see it’s not all that bad, some nice long runners would for sure look better and may help the very end ports but it isn’t as bad as it looks.

2 Likes

17/12/2020 update

This is a small update.

My carpet was very destroyed and i was getting fed up with car mats riding up under the pedals. So i made a trade with @evilhighway for carpet with his track car.

It cleaned it up, I’ve got a Black dash lined up to complete the look on the inside.

2nd part of this update is, I got my hands on a J mode copy front lip so now the outside is pretty much complete

I’ll keep this updated as more gets done. Thanks guys.

7 Likes

That lip looks amazing

1 Like

24/12/2020 update

Small but one of the bigger mods that changes the inside feel.

I got myself a black dash to go along with the black options from japan. (clock,burgertray,glovebox)

As you can see in the last update the colors didn’t match but now it all works, Will be taking some other trim out and painting but it isn’t high on the list to complete. See photos below of finished product of dash swap.

I’m now on the hunt for a tr-xx black wheel but it’s not hurry, i’ve got a tr-xx wheel but i want a spare as i don’t want the sun to ruin it.

5 Likes

Holy “Molly” Guacamole! :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: NIce! Nice! :love_you_gesture: :+1: :grin: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

I haven’t really done much recently worth of an update but I thought id do a semi detailed video of my mira how it sits now of 20/01/2021

4 Likes

nice updated. This is a very nice car with what you have done since owning it and it shows the fact you don’t have to do everything overnight and taking time is great as you get to enjoy your daily at the same time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything takes time :slight_smile: Rushing into things just makes you annoyed.

1 Like

Update 31/03/2021

So not much has really changed but i’m slowly finding things i want

I installed my flat bottom tr-xx steering wheel that finishes the interior look See photo.

And i overspent on a matching pair of glass tr-xx headlights because i was sick of having to polish my plastic ADM ones as we all are.

They’ve got a factory tint within the glass. I wish they were 100% clear but its something different and no more yellow!

Until next update
Stay safe.

5 Likes

02/08/21 Update

Its been some time so i thought id catch up on this, I have been collecting random rare collectible items you will see in this update

Starting with a rare factory MOMO option steering wheel

Pretty neat huh, It won’t be installed but kept as a collector item and out of harsh aussie sun.

Now is just a weird odd Din pocket called a “useful box” the larger section when open the lid flips down for unknown reasons and all spring open when pressed.

Now the holy grail of rare items. Factory OEM smoked clear bumper lens.
I haven’t seen any of these come up for sale for a very long time and others have been copies

Pretty col huh.

I have just been daily driving it and doing little small fixes etc but she is kicking along nicely.

Until next time :smiley:

8 Likes

A short video under the hood of my healthy ef-el in molly

6 Likes

Few little goodies added :slight_smile:

OEM floor mats from japan that match the doors :slight_smile:

OEM chrome antenna to go with all my other chrome bits

4 Likes

A bit of a service update… As i’ve swapped in a low k engine years with smack on 80thou ks from a 1992 mira i couldn’t stop thinking about the fact it hasn’t hit 100 thou and the timing belt had never been replaced in 30 years.

I had the timing belt for roughly a year and just never got around to it. about 2 months ago i noticed my front main seal was leaking also so i thought this was the perfect time to replace some seals.

Starting off with the leaky Dizzy o-ring.

Yes i know it is just an o-ring but i was getting a package in from japan so i thought i would just throw a genuine o-ring in the package.

Pre inspection on the job ahead of the timing belt i noticed my acc belt was worn and falling apart 0-0 OMG
but lucky i had multiple spares

Now time to get into it, It all went smoothly and fast, I had noticed my water pump is weeping but that is a headache for another day as i haven’t noticed any coolant leaking yet so might have been build up from being 30 years old. ( 100% going to regret not doing it)

Yep the original timing belt from 1992 but looked shockingly good for the age but i did notice some splitting on the layers and what looks to be my timing belt tensioner to be spinning on the surface ( must of been that rattle )

Front main seal out also, was very hard and caused a nice leak so i am happy that is fixed

All back together and running without any issues :slight_smile:

Until next update, Stay awesome.

3 Likes

[quote=“Luke, post:8, topic:2242”]…New shocks to replace the old and blown out factory ones…[/quote]Did you mean the front struts? The rear shocks weren’t pictured is why I ask. If they don’t leak, Japanese struts and shock absorbers are robust enough for performing near eternal service [quote=“Luke, post:21, topic:2242”]…I have no cat inside mine atm so that helps flow a fair bit but as you can see it’s not all that bad, some nice long runners would for sure look better and may help the very end ports…[/quote]The way these catylists are mounted within the manifold doesen’t seem thermally efficient, to me. Ideally, catylists belong beneath the floorboard. Placing them there has, of course, its disadvantages for the passengers during summer, especially for those sitting directly above them. An equal-length tube extractor wrapped up in tape should increase low-end torque

Sweet little car, man :slight_smile: Any videos of it ripping through the gears from a dig to 120+kph? Keen to watch if so.

So lil molly is still going strong and has been my daily since owning her.
in the time gone by she has been reliable.
Only thing that has failed me was the gearbox casing cracked and i had to replace it.

I finally after all the years of hunting for a tr-xx bar i got my grubby hands on one.

Let the fun begin!

I was so excited! we picked it up an hours drive away after finishing a grave yard shift at work.
The next day i finished early so i got stuck into it
Here it is sanded and masked up

Ready for primer! so on it goes

Soon after i put on the base coat and repainted the Jmode lip.
Here it is all painted up with lip installed

I installed it and put it all on and noticed a blinker wasn’t working and i found the 30 year old light housings were all rusted with stuck in bulbs

But i had left over NOS lens and housings from running LDP! how lucky is that so on they go

Here is some photos of it installed.

I think it looks dam amazing!

Hope you’ve enjoyed this read.
see you all soon.

9 Likes

Hey Luke,

just bought a L200 today and ended up reading this whole thread. Thanks for keeping us updated, little molly is a gem!

2 Likes

@yuzi92 Please go here