My Daihatsu M100RS

My Sirion M100 project, I bought this Sirion new in 03 it’s the bare bones version no air, no central lock, electric windows in the front doors only just a basic little car to get me to and from work.

I fitted a Storia x4 tacho dash swaping out the 4cylinder tacho for the three, i kept the x4 tacho just in case one day i could swap in the Storia’s JC-DET.

3 Likes

Some Watanabe r8 look alike rims 14x6 with old school 185/60 r14’s these rims just clear the calipers from the Copen as the disc’s are 246x17mm in comparision to the std 234x16’s.

4 Likes

Copen strut’s springs with the roller bearing camber plate, braided brake hoses , D-sport pads and some bracing.

7 Likes

Awesome!
Glad to see a thread from you mate!

Looks awesome mate, so clean :wink:

This is cool I loved your L500 and L601/2 threads on the old forum and now the sirion build is looking the goods too. i love the car and time you put into your builds it makes the quality so good. Im interested to learn more sirion by following your thread here.

Cheer’s guy’s, not sure if i will post up the L6 build as it’s in limbo at the moment while i reassess what to do with it.

1 Like

good call :thumbsup:

The Storia x4 has the sub frame mounted directly to the chassis deleting those big rubber bushes, so i picked up these spacers bolts studs washers etc new from japan.

2 Likes

Copen top hats, the two raised sections on the mounting surface was filed off as these are flat on the Sirion i bought new spring seats as they where only $4.00 each.

2 Likes

Cross 4 storia JC-DET airbox this bolts to the r/h inner guard where the aus delivered wiper washer bottle would be, i was lucky enough to find the brackets so it just bolts into place.

3 Likes

Front mount cooler is also from the Storia x4 and includes water spray, the jdm washer bottle simply slides onto the fuse box bracket and includes pumps for the front screen and inter cooler spray, also picked up the neat i.c spray switch which replaces the rear wiper wash switch as the x4 deleted the rear wiper assy in an effort to save weight.

4 Likes

How is the rear wiper hole plugged in the x4s?

It’s not plugged from the factory they just don’t punch the hole in the skin for the wiper arm.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Good to know. I was thinking of doing a rear wiper delete.

Yeah I’m going to do the same just have the holes welded and the hatch resprayed i bought the Daihatsu badge in the lower right corner new from Daihatsu Japan 3500yen.

4 Likes

Original x4 sales brochures.

4 Likes

Where are the bearing strut tops from?

I use Impex.jp to source parts from Japan. I don’t really bother with Toyota Australia.

1 Like

X4 steering pump bracket and fluid bottle .The standard hoses can easily be modified to suit. Also the x4 uses a Koyo rack which i believe is a little quicker, but i need to look into this further as info is hard to find.

2 Likes