My Daihatsu M100RS

Copen 5/speed 5.545 final, unfortunately not the close ratio 2nd 3rd 4th of the x4 box but at least it has the same final.Last time i checked Daihatsu no longer has any of those gears/sub gears available except the slightly taller first.Also being from the copen there is no speedo drive gear , so i bought the x4 driven and drive gears as they have different part numbers to the Sirion . Next on the shopping list will be a Cusco/D-sport 1 or 1.5 way…LSD.

2 Likes

I had set aside the engine trans for the Move this is where most of my money has gone but as i have decided to only have the one real project car the move misses out on the good stuff it will however receive the sirions EJ 5/speed this will free up most of my limited funds as the move is destined to be the daily runabout.

4 Likes

Jealous of you getting the LSD!

JC-DET forged or semi forged piston and ring set 0.50 over. The JC shares the same bore as the JB at 61mm.The stroke is also 61mm for a capacity of 713cc . These are no longer available new from Daihatsu however in Japan they use the KF-DET 63mm pistons.The forged JC rods where/are still available these cost me around 9600yen each.

2 Likes

In LSD, are talking about a Cusco front part numbers beginning with LSD 772?

Not sure regarding Cusco part numbers, I think the d-sport lsd’s are made by cusco and sold as d-sport like they do with the exedy clutches the one way is part number 41101-b080 and the 1.5 way is 41101-b081.

I bought this new JC cylinder head a few years ago from the same yahoo seller i bought the turbo and inter cooler from as it turns out, thanks to online epc and a couple of parts manuals i purchased afterwards that it’s the same as the jb-det head and cross referencing parts numbers for valves, springs and camshafts, the JC and JB det share the same part numbers.Also this head is the same as the early jb/jc-det l902/802/m112 and is a slightly different casting to the later l880k/l152/m112 .jb/jc-det. Partsfan.com has proved invaluable and is ideal for purchasing parts using part numbers or proving parts compatibility.

7 Likes

Mate I love the build so far, your sirion is soo clean!
I’m curious about the camber plates with roller bearings, are they genuine daihatsu parts or aftermarket? I don’t suppose you could share a bit more info about them? :grin:

Yeah, they come standard with the copen struts, I used the copen stuts because they are shorter than the sirion , giving me the ride height i wanted while still having full suspension travel of the copen.

2 Likes

The one on the right is from a copen?

From left to right, Sirion, Copen and D-Sport

Ahh ok thanks for the info. Are the Dsport ones easy to get a hold of?

Yes mate yahoo japan auctions copen l700 etc same use a third party like rinkya to bid and buy from japan .

Any idea on the name for this in Japanese or a part number? I have done a search using dsport as a key word got 30 pages in and had no luck and gave up. Tried a few translations from Google translate and also had no luck :confused:

I search using the model prefix like l880k m112s etc then use the suspension tab you will get use to navigating about.

1 Like

Hey I don’t suppose there is any chance you could do a wiki for Yahoo auctions, like a quick starter guide, what third party sites to use, how to ship, things to avoid ect. You seem to have it pretty well sussed and I think something like that would be a huge asset to to L2D community. Its just a thought and it would help noobs like me feel a bit more confident ordering from japan and also have a place for Q & A.

4 Likes

Yes please. I find stuff there but it always seems they won’t post. How do you get things paid for and shipped here? Do you use an agent or third party? I’ve seen a couple of services advertised but when I enquired I did not get any responses.

3 Likes

I will do a wiki on purchasing parts from Japan… bear in mind though i only have used two, Import monster for larger parts engine gearbox’s etc and Rinkya for items shipped from Japan post EMS or sea.

3 Likes

Lately Iv’e been thinking of a K3 for this little car, with the 5.545 final and a 1.5way lsd. So the other day i picked up the storia x4 dash loom on yahoo this is off the late model with the 4 plug ecu plugs c and d have the same pinouts as the k3 ecu. This will allow me to keep the spartan electrics, cable speedo drive and the x4 dash. Just in case.

6 Likes

Hey just wondering if you have any more photos og the front control arm brace under the car, I would like to make something similar.