This is my 1995 Daihatsu Mira, I have just brought from a work mate. This car might be on these forums already but any who here goes.
I didn’t know anything about these cars untill I brought it. It was so fun to drive. I still can’t get over it is a panel van haha. I wanted it as a little project then start driving it as a daily.
This is all the info I have
1995 Daihatsu Mira 0.6L, 5sp Manual. Classed as a Panel Van (L200)
Brought with 205 550kms on the Engine and JDM Interior inc Instrument Cluster
Around 75 000kms on the chassis/body
Stock Engine is EF-EL (None turbo)
JDM Engine is EF-JL (Turbo charged)
TRXX is JDM Model
Wheels are Fortran Mesh 13” 4x110
Mods I brought it with: Lowered springs, muffler, aftermarket paint, boost controller
ECU Controller: Apexi SAFC2
Timing Belt was done in 2020.
Use 98 Fuel only
This is my “To do list”
- Sort out a Air Filter, is it 50mm?
- Replace all 4 CV Boots
- Fuel Breather Filler Hose Split
- Fit A/C System
- Check for oil leaks - little bit of oil around sump
- Blank exhaust sensor hole
- RPM on Apexi intermittently works (works fine in cluster)
- Does it need a blow off valve?
- Drivers seat belt buckle dicky, lube up latch and test or replace buckle
- Replace Fuel Filter, looks original
- Gearbox breather, hose has been cut off
- Exposed wiring in engine bay and tidy up, big mess
- Passenger door lock doesn’t turn to unlock
- Rust treatment, little bit of surface rust in spare wheel well
- Lots of vacuum lines going no where, parts missing?
- Sometimes after a long drive after turning it off, start it up and wont idle but will rev? previous owner said “The idle is really high if it’s plumbed correct, there’s mean to be vacuum from the top mount to the end of the throttle body but with it plumbed it idled crazy high.”
- Take it to my tuner and get it checked on the dyno
Apart from all that, the car runs mint.
Now to the good stuff