Nic's Boosted Mira

So I finally got around to cleaning up the EPS wiring…

Only to find they hadn’t been soldered

But wait, it gets worse. :open_mouth:

New plug made up…

And finally its up to my standard. I still haven’t driven it since I brought it. :persevere:

1 Like

I finally got around to having a look at the parts that came with the car. There’s a bit there…

2 Likes

Can you show a close up of the cluster?

Is it for sale? :smirk:

There is no cluster?

In other news…

It made a healthy 57hp atw on a roller dyno. A little rich in high rpm. It wont require tuning which I would have to go aftermarket ecu for. They said that Apexi thing is useless so it’s coming out.

The A/C was a bust. It is in progress atm, it will need a custom made compressor bracket, custom made pipes as the ones provided had the wrong fittings.

Nice little number :slight_smile:
What apexi thing are they talking about? a safc? if so they’re very old school way of controlling fuel and work great on our miras since they’re so basic. If you sell it please let me know :slight_smile:

Sure, I will message you when I have it

1 Like

Thanks mate. Appreciate it

1 Like

Progress shot, it got towed to another place to get the air con sorted. So with any luck it will work out :smile:.

3 Likes

I gave the interior a big clean since getting the car back. The air con is on hold until I get a couple pipes. I found the plugs for the compressor and pressure switch, I just need to find the fuse and relay for the compressor if anyone knows?

Air filter is done finally.

1 Like

Well I think I may have fixed the idle issue… Adjusting the screw on the TB didn’t seem to fix it, so I moved some vac lines around and hooked up the air bypass valve at the end of the intake… I wasn’t sure how it is meant to be hooked up so I kinda guessed it. Still don’t know if it is right as I can’t find any diagrams.

The car is running really nice at the moment. I’ve been fixing things slowly.

4 Likes

So I found new a/c pipes through NMF Garage over in Malaysia. These were the ones I was missing in my kit.

Then I quoted the rest of it. I thought I may as well replace everything as the parts have been sitting collecting dirt and stuff so for sure it will be all blocked up. Also found the A/C switch circuit board had been snapped off.

One thing led to another and I ended up with all this. I am finding it very hard to find parts locally.
So I wanted a clock in the car and I couldn’t decide whether to go the digital one or the analogue so I brought both, lol.

So I started with the Evap

I just hope this one works.

I need to do the valve stem seals. I am contemplating whether to build my spare motor which I have in pieces but I would need to get the block and head checked and cleaned. Has a bit of rust etc.

4 Likes

I am jealous of your ability to easily acquire parts, this is coming along nicely, and definitely use the digital clock instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you are in the fb group then get in contact with Nik MFadhliellah he helps a lot of people and has a fairly good rep with the FB group.

3 Likes

I wanted the Analogue in there because it looked cooler but then the digital wwill be easier to read and I wont have to think haha. I still haven’t decided.

Where do I start, everytime I look at it, I find something else needs fixing.

Finally got around to doing the valve stem seals. I found out why the rocker cover was leaking…

Fresh Seals :grinning:

Found the radiator is now leaking too.

Upgrading alternator and battery ground cables. Not charging when the headlights are on (at idle). I did have a 0.5v drop in the positive.

2 Likes

I am not on FB but I will PM him on here and see if he gets it, thank you!

Almost makes me want to get Facebook…almost.

1 Like

I will contact him and tell him you have sent him a msg on the forum.

1 Like

miras don’t charge below 1000 rpm… i have the same annoying issue at night when on idle with traffic or waiting etc. i just bumped my idle up today to help.

1 Like

Whys that?

Since I fixed the idle issue, I had it set to ~1100rpm hot and ~1400rpm cold. I don’t like the way the car feels under 1000rpm. I’m still losing some power through the alt cable.

Not sure. but it is the case on every mira i’ve come across. they’re only 40A output so not very strong. i raised mine to 1000rpm and it helps but still drops to around 13.2 with lights on and brakes applied vs 14.4 during day time. my guess is the Amp output is very low at idle.