Nic's Boosted Mira

oh yeah, mine sits at 12.8v at idle

Thank you for this! I was able to get in touch with him via email, very grateful I can now start to get parts for this thing!

There is significantly more to do than initially expected…going to make an interesting winter project.

2 Likes

not a problem at all mate just happy to help. :slight_smile:

Who loves a good update and progress photos!

This is everything that got done

Oil/Filter
Replaced CV Shafts
Replaced Water Pump
Replaced Thermostat with 71degree
Replaced Timing Belt & Tensioner
Replaced Drive Belts
Replaced Lower Control Arms
Replaced Tie Rod Ends
Replaced Valve Stem Seals
Replaced Rocker Cover Gasket
Replaced Sway Bar Bushes
Replaced Front Wheel Bearings
Upgraded Front brakes to L500
Replaced Rear Wheel Cylinders
Upgraded Braided Brake Lines
Replaced Radiator & Hoses
Replaced Gearbox Oil
Replaced Fuel Filter

8 Likes

Air Con kit fitted, I really hope it works, ready for gassing.

Had to manipulate the pipes I got from Nik and some custom brackets…

5 Likes

nice work to get it all together finally.

Sick! I’ve seen this around a fair bit in the past few years.

It’s all coming together nicely. I’ve driven it to work and YAY! no leaks anywhere xD

Fitted catch can to the intake manifold lol, smoked like crazy. So now its to atmosphere (for now). I didn’t like the oil coming out of the hose onto the road.

Just gassed the A/C up, so 10degrees isn’t cold cold but it’s something hmmm…

At first it didn’t turn on, then I played around with that rpm thing on the control box, turned it up and something clicked haha. Still no a/c so I revved it and it fired up!. It doesn’t have Idle up, was that something these dai’s had? So it doesn’t like the low rpm, I put it up a little bit more to compensate for it, probably doesn’t like no charge either haha, I remember running my old Pajero at 400rpm old carby 4 cylinder though, used to shake i’d turn the a/c off on idle lol…

RPM with A/C on

RPM with A/C off

I might have another play with it, otherwise thats what it’s gonna be. Then onto body work then Interior xD. The dream with this car is all coming together since I first saw it. I wanted the full TRXX bodykit, but I am kinda digging the look with the sparkles lol, I was going to go the midnight purple colour shift so maybe just fix the roof for now?

2 Likes

The catch can should be fitted to the rocker cover breather and the block breather, not the intake. My yrv wasn’t cold cold either but was better on highway than around town with AC but the L251 is greatwith AC. It just must be luck of the draw i guess. Either way 10 degrees on a 25+ day is heaven.

The catch can should be fitted to the rocker cover breather and the block breather, not the intake. My yrv wasn’t cold cold either but was better on highway than around town with AC but the L251 is greatwith AC. It just must be luck of the draw i guess. Either way 10 degrees on a 25+ day is heaven.

I didn’t realize it had to be on the intake side of the turbo and not the manifold like the N/A’s lol. yeah I had roughly the same coldness in a ce lancer and it wasn’t cold at all on a hot day :frowning: . Most cars should get a good 4-6 degree’s out of the air con.

yeh the hose going to the air intake should be before the turbo otherwise you have a place where your positive pressure air for the turbo will escape and you would be essentially pressurizing the catch can.
One breather from the rocker cover that is under your intercooler. One from the block which is at the back above the alternator where the head bolts to the block and the air line back to the atmosphere or for legalities back to the intake before the turbo.

1 Like

39degrees Celcius outside and the A/C is cool omg, so stoked. I guess it just takes a bit to get going. I heard it works at its best above 3000rpm which is prefect for cruising at 80km/h+. However the compressor did make a grr noise as it cycles, I’m going to nip the belt up a little bit and see how it goes…

5 Likes

Great work, loving this build, have to do similar work on mine soon

The misses didn’t like how she was getting barely any air so I gave this black dye I got from NMF a go on these grey vents. I can see why they are weak.

The 2 on the right are the new ones

Fitting them was annoying, the one on the left was easy, but the middle was a pain in the arss, they break way too easy, going to have to buy some more for spares…

2 Likes

It really didn’t like the idle, it would almost stall when the revs come down after you rev it, so like slowing down towards lights and roundabouts. It stalled a couple times on the road :frowning:. I’ve since put the idle up to 1250rpm and it has helped a bit, drops to about 900rpm with air con on.

This is a little upsetting, and can’t claim warranty because it only had 6 months. fitted it 7 months later…

1 Like

Is that coolant leaking or oil? Ugh not fun

Compressor oil dripping out of the front pulley.

This car gets better and better.

Ongoing issues with brake lights not working after a while (since buying the car). Replaced the switch 3 times. I think i’ve sorted it now.

Still no heater working only on “face”. tested flaps and cables when I had the heater box out, was all good. Heater Core didn’t seem blocked.

Air con still works good, apart from the idle thing which will probably never get fixed.

So I pulled the passenger door trim off to see why the key lock never worked.

Found the window winder to have been glued on.

I know I need to sort the trims out but they also double sided tape and glued on. Of course the speaker wires are direct soldered on…

Door lock clip broken which holds the rod in.

I cable tied it for now. I hope it holds haha.

Still to do, get the roof fixed and bonnet painted, and fix the door trims. I still enjoy driving the car but it keeps giving me the shits sometimes. There is also a little oil weap from the oil filter housing, I will leave that for now as I will need to remove turbo and a/c compressor to do it.

5 Likes

Oh My, previous owners can literally be the worst.

“Let’s just slap some super glue on it and be done with it…”

A few little updates

New Tread, Tyre size is a bit weird but ended up keeping the way it was.

Seat stitching started to come apart and I wanted to get it repaired before it gets worst. Also bottom foam replaced. It feels so good now.

I sent the cluster in for repair because the trip meter was skipping numbers.

4 Likes