Rotten to the Cuore

Very good outcomes and would have saved many hours of work.

1 Like

Thanks, not too bad for my first time :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That looks as good as what I paid $316AU to have mine reconditioned for but I really do not have the work space, it was my first time and I am very happy with the outcomes;

6 Likes

Localy they refurbish calipers but dont offer plating only painting, i was not so thrilled when i saw the results (and they charge extra for blasting and coating), yours look awesome, i would pay that for this kind of service if it was available here.

Not much done, had the temporary tires installed on the rims, also had some fun with some polish and cloth :smile:

4 Likes

Just to report that I scored a copen swaybar for a good price, cant wait for it to arrive :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pay very close attention to how it feels before and after. A bigger front bar will typically increase understeer.

1 Like

For sure that will be the way im going, have looked extensively at your build and advice on the forum regarding handling and setup for fwd
At the moment im thinking kyb excell g gas struts front and back, front springs soft almost like standard but about 40mm lower, new rubber (standard) bushings on the front, at the back: lower hard springs and poly bushings to stiffen it maximaly.
Also im thinking when im doing the welding on the rear part of the chassis, to make a cross beam under the new rear floor to sort of like bridge the spring mounts (does it make sense?)
Im keen to hear your input, thanks

Sounds great. On the notion of the a rear spring bridge - sorry can’t picture what they look like.

Simply a piece of rectangular tube that goes from one spring seat to the other under the floor, if there isnt any originaly, have not looked really…

Swaybar :sunglasses:

4 Likes

After seeing the situation, i am definitly making new inner arches, plan on making them wide, maybe even making deeper flat floor in the rear well (where the spare tire was) for more space and maybe a fuel cell in the future

5 Likes

Not something to patch but to replace in large sections.

1 Like

Wow! this is really bad. I agree with gromsby, wheel arches are a structual point.

It has lived most of its life on the continent, road salt in the winter really likes japanese steel
Looks bad but its fixable, im used to seeing much more rot, a friend is building a opel kadet c sedan, it literaly had no floors…
Will make new arches to accomodate wider wheels and patch around the petrol filler area
Did not take picture of the front floor areas, there is alot of rot in the corners

To be honest I was expecting worse :smile:

P.S. heres a pic of pu foam in front of rear arch :grimacing:

4 Likes

:grimacing:

3 Likes

So today i did a small service on the engine, changed the engine oil and filter, new gearbox oil, new spark plugs, new air filter.
Now it idles really smooth and even sounds better when revving a few times… But it smokes a lot when revving after about a minute of idling. Old spark plugs were charred black. I was told its burning oil but it did not smoke so much when i bought it. It does not smoke when its started only after a few minutes so i dont think the valve seals a the problem.
So oil rings and piston oil holes are probably gummed up really bad??

4 Likes

I think youre right. Piston rings are a very common issue with the ejde engine. A catchcan helps allot though!

2 Likes

Already have a catchcan in the mail, but its taking forever to arrive… Id like to vent it somewhere other than the intake, maybe use a small crankcase airfilter like on my motorcycle

1 Like

Little red dumpling is in the garage, postponed the renovation so i can work on the dai
Removed some stuff from it and then attacked the sound deadening bitumen, goes off easy :smile:

3 Likes

Done for today…

5 Likes