Rotten to the Cuore

The colder the deadner is the better. If anyone out there attempts this in a hot climate, get some dry ice to spread around and then tap with a hammer. Busts off in big chunks.

1 Like

Dry ice pellets in a cotton bag is a good trick. Easy to move around the floor pan.

1 Like

Removed the fuel tank, looks nasty, but inside is like new, and no leaks. A buddy is telling me that it can be refurbished but im worried it is too thin in the rusted spots, the corrosion is not just surface rust.

2 Likes

Just to check in and say that the little dai is not forgotten, i am playing with a 1st gen fiat punto that my mother in law gave me, so this project is on hold as the fiat is registered and i use it as my daily

But also i am on the lookout for parts for the dai and recently i scored something interesting:

Motorcycle ITBs, from an old kawasaki gpz1100 b1/2
The interesting part is that the bores are 33mm, bodies are individual mounted on brackets, no injectors, only vacuum tubes in each body, there is mounting place for tps and a lever marked “fast idle” that opens the butterflies a tiny bit

5 Likes

Scored another set of ITBs for dirt cheap, again from an old kawasaki, this time a GPZ750 turbo
These have a 30mm butterfly valve! Also injectors, but are strange… they have a 35mm opening on the engine side and a 30.5mm opening on the air intake side, probably will plug the injector holes, rotate it 180° and use the smaller side on the manifold, this position also makes the throttle cable come from below.

4 Likes

How’s progress, and what may I ask are your plans for tuning?

Hi, thanks for asking, i am renovating my house atm, so no progress, as for plans… Dont really know, need to take care of the rust first :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just here to say that the little rust bucket will probably never get done.
Good news is that tomorow im going to look at a blue L700 thats rust free and registered, wish me luck :metal:

Also dai forum best forum :smile:

6 Likes

Bought it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Looks nice and clean :slight_smile:

1 Like