Sirion AWD conversion/ autocross build

@Rallynrace I can send you the file for the moulds if you wanna have a crack at casting them yourself.

I could also do a set for you cover the material and postage cost.

I plan to uninstall them at some point and inspect how they are going, but so far it’s looking good.

3 Likes

Thank you Mick,
I am busy rebuilding the rally car at the moment and I am around 3 or 4 weeks away from building up the front suspension. My Post Code in the UK is B49 5PP. I can send you funds through Paypal or direct, please let me know.
Best regards,
Trevor.

1 Like

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/mickeywilkinson/

5 Likes

Been a hell of a journey guys. Big thanks to the OG‘s @Mr_Gormsby @evilhighway @b_hoves @FrAsErTaG and everyone else on here keeping the forum alive.

I am pretty hyped, and looking forward to improving the car even further for next season :grin:

9 Likes

Mick your fantastic write ups on what you are doing certainly helps keep things alive. The forum is like an animal that has to keep being fed and taken for walks etc

7 Likes

Congrats on the 1st place! This build has been a pleasure to watch. The skills, knowledge and ingenuity you’ve shown is nothing short of amazing.
Looking forward to seeing where you take the car next!

5 Likes

well done mate 1st place and 10th overall. Congrats!.
As Mr G and b_hoves has stated your write-up’s knowledge and the willingness to share it all here is and help other’s. It is the people such as yourself that do this help keep this forum alive. Well done! and thankyou for being a part of it.
I look forward to what you are doing next. I love your electronic technical knowledge also.

5 Likes

Congratulations on taking 1st place! You’ve earned it :beers:

6 Likes

Congratulations! That is an amazing result :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great photos - Great result.

2 Likes

@Mick You are a Daihatsu legend! What a great topic to read from the beginning, well done and congratulations on all your work that’s paid off in your races!

Love all the effort you have put into this build but what I love more is the dedication you’ve put into the Daihatsu. Especially recently making these bushes, love it man, great effort. It’s great inspiration for me to learn more and make more, you can never learn enough!:grinning:

Keep up the fantastic work :grinning:

3 Likes

[quote=]…Now I am on the hunt for some trailing arm bushes or complete trailing arms…[/quote]Why? Those look to be still in good shape :hushed:

I could sell you my complete rear trailing arms. I will be building a custom four link during winter and I’ll be selling off some of my stuff. My springs and shocks, trailing arms, and a few other bits and pieces will be up for grabs.

2 Likes

So how was the winter?

Unfortunately not very productive. Started a new job and haven’t had a lot of time :frowning:

I have been thinking about building a cuore, but who knows what the future holds…

5 Likes

I would love to see you build a cuore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to see him build any car… :star_struck:

(Secretly I’m hoping for a m300 so that I can “steal” his ideas :wink: )

4 Likes

A sad day in the Daihatsu community, but maybe a good day for someone else.

Moving on to bigger and better (smaller and daihatsu related) things :grin:

5 Likes

Bigger yet smaller… sounds like a swapped Cuore :grin:. Sad to see the Sirion go, you really made something of that car. I’m curious to see what you will be doing next! Will you keep documenting it?

2 Likes